120 Gallon Shallow Rimless Build

Bought a new house and decided to build a new tank rather than transfer all of the stuff from my 90 cube, I decided to build a new reef. The new tank is 72x24x16 rimless. It will be predominantly SPS reef with a few LPS pieces mixed in. I actually started this build last Sept. Just getting around to a build thread.
20200904_182412.jpg
Looking good.
 
Dosing alk, cal, and mag. Aminos every other day. Controlling the tank with an Apex. Next project is 3d printing pump controller and power supply mounts, and building a display to clean everything up in the cabinet.
20201203_222434.jpg
 
Nice tank! I like how spacious you made the scape. I’m starting a 48x32x19 build loving the shallow reef look. Will definitely be following along
Thanks! Can't wait to see it fill in with sticks. Cool dimensions for your build!
 
Your tank is goals! How’s the spill over from the lighting?
 
Its not too bad. Spills over a bit. I have run open top tanks for years and don't notice it to be any more than others. I may just be used to it though. More light in the room than with a hood I would imagine. That reply isn't very helpful.
 
Snagged a couple new frags today. An ORA Miami Orchid Stag I have been hunting. Love them when they settle in and color up. Also picked up a couple ORA maricultured acros. A Mauve Acro and Neon Polyp Acro. Interested to see how they color up.

ORA Mauve Acro and Miami Orchid in back.
20201227_211236.jpg


ORA Neon Polyp Acro
20201227_211050.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new