OP
OP
B

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of sand sifting starfish in there that keep everything looking new.
What you have grown in 9 months will take me 2 years to grow lol. The tank looks absolutely beautiful and the fish are amazing. Ever since I started my new 300 gallon I am still trying to find that sweet spot that I had in my previous 156 gallon. Keep up the good work man, it all looks sweet. Also one question, How do you keep your sand so clean?

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank you have there.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you like the ATI 8 bulbs T5? Do you think that it has enough power for your tank? and enough power to grow all the SPS? I am thinking of buying a 8 bulbs Sunpower for my 120 gallons tank (4'x2'x2') but couldn't make up my mind yet. If you have a chance to redo your light, you would buy the same T5 again or would go different direction with MH or LED?

Thanks

CoralClark

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank you have there.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you like the ATI 8 bulbs T5? Do you think that it has enough power for your tank? and enough power to grow all the SPS? I am thinking of buying a 8 bulbs Sunpower for my 120 gallons tank (4'x2'x2') but couldn't make up my mind yet. If you have a chance to redo your light, you would buy the same T5 again or would go different direction with MH or LED?

Thanks
U'll be happy with a 8 bulb on that size tank. I ran the same fixture on same dem tank as u no problem!

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank and beautiful corals! I am thinking of getting the same tank as an upgrade from a 55.

sanghee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow...

I`m really follow your tank style.

may I ask some??

1. set up with dead rock? or live rock?

2. what kind of bacteria dose?

3. don`t you have any plan to use a zeo reactor?

4. how to controll Po4 and no3? just phosban and refugium?

your aquarium is really awesome!!

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, if you don't get a response from bubblewood please don't be offended. He no longer has the 120gal Reef Savvy. It was sold to me about five months ago. I've only had it a short time but I hope one day I can make it look as beautiful as Joe (bubblewood) did.

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1456585808166.jpg

Work in progress. The only thing I changed is the light with 48" ATI Led Powermodule and added sulfate reactor to reduce nitrates.

Although I wanted to continue with acro's like bubblewood I have been dealing with acro issues for last 2yrs so until I can figure out what the problem is I opted for more of a mixed reef.

Last edited:

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was hoping you'd say...I have the exact same model & brand Biodenitrator. I'm having some issues with mine where when the drip rate is around 1 drip per 1 sec (or any slower) it outputs nitrate at zero but when I increase the drip rate to 1, 2, or 3 (or so) drops per 1 second, the nitrate in the output will slowly increase back to the tank nitrate level (5-15ppm). Then I slow the drip rate down and it will go back to zero....still am unable to decrease the tank nitrates down to around zero. Are you using a Aqualifter Pump also? Thanks and I appreciate any advice you may have. Also congrats on getting the 120 Reef Savvy....such an amazing system

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was hoping you'd say...I have the exact same model & brand Biodenitrator. I'm having some issues with mine where when the drip rate is around 1 drip per 1 sec (or any slower) it outputs nitrate at zero but when I increase the drip rate to 1, 2, or 3 (or so) drops per 1 second, the nitrate in the output will slowly increase back to the tank nitrate level (5-15ppm). Then I slow the drip rate down and it will go back to zero....still am unable to decrease the tank nitrates down to around zero. Are you using a Aqualifter Pump also? Thanks and I appreciate any advice you may have. Also congrats on getting the 120 Reef Savvy....such an amazing system

Yeah I got lucky, I told my buddy if there was ever a day he would consider selling it to put me first on the list. Love this tank!

I set my bio denitrator to 1 drop per second. It took awhile for it to reduce the nitrates in the beginning so I did a bunch of water changes to get my nitrates as low as possible at that point the bio denitrator was able to keep up. My average nitrates are around 0ppm-4ppm

How long have you had yours running for?

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running it since this past July, so roughly 7 months. My nitrate has dropped significantly though due to the denitrator, from 20-40ppm to 5-10ppm. My issue is getting it to stay outputting at zero n03 when I set it to drip greater than 1 drip per second. Oh well, since it has reduced my nitrates to 5-10 my corals seem much happier. Love the Korallin unit

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back