120g Standard Mixed Reef

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have one good update, our Reef Octopus skimmer worked “ok”...but every so often would throw a little tantrum and start to overflow randomly, dumping skimmate back into the tank. And could be really tricky to get dialed in properly.

So, tax return time for us = a bit of an upgrade. It’s sort of overkill on the 120, but we went bigger since my hubby would like to eventually plum this tank to the basement and into the nem/frag tank system. Rated for 240-300ish gallons I believe, so should still be good then.

Bubble Magus Curve D9. So far, it’s working really well.
0cce76654f8733a33390ec4e41769595.jpg

Running same skimmer on my 300 gallon frag system... great skimmer... once you find the happy place on it... good choice

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running same skimmer on my 300 gallon frag system... great skimmer... once you find the happy place on it... good choice

Good to know, I found mixed reviews on the D8 but couldn’t find much on the D9 to compare. It pretty much dialed in straight away and started pulling gunk, so happy about that! Fixing the RO sometimes took lots of watching and tweaking [emoji31]

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new frags this weekend. I thought it would be a good idea to write down a stock list of everything I have now, so that I don’t forget the more obscure “names” of the SPS as time goes on.

Turns out, I have 33 different SPS, 4 LPS, and one soft coral [emoji23]

I’m thinking it may be time to change my tank name to “120 SPS-dominate Reef”... thank you angels lol

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure that adding the moyer’s has sort of kick-started the meleagris transitioning to male. It’s been looking like it was getting there for some time , but it’s much more apparent now.

I also don’t know if it’s because of this, or the daylight savings change... but he’s been sleeping in the last few days, and going to bed early.

0b7c2bbff53e7bb921ef78b31b2d36b9.jpg

a8318b778d1514d1d66d02de2fb2de68.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new frags this weekend. I thought it would be a good idea to write down a stock list of everything I have now, so that I don’t forget the more obscure “names” of the SPS as time goes on.

Turns out, I have 33 different SPS, 4 LPS, and one soft coral [emoji23]

I’m thinking it may be time to change my tank name to “120 SPS-dominate Reef”... thank you angels lol

Ha... welcome to the dark sticky side!!
I love the fish pictures. Very nice.

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineatus update: she’s been successfully re-introduced after a time-out in QT. The pintail has had time to settle in and become the more dominant of the three (so far) so I have my fingers crossed things remain peaceful in the fairy-world. 24 hours post acclimation box and so far-so good!

All three hanging together:
3da8307e09bf22688bd71c6d78003a16.jpg

A welcome back video to celebrate ;)

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your pictures!

Thank you, I really need to try another DSLR at some point. We had one, but sold it because I never really got the hang of it. But, it’s really hard to get close-up pictures of the corals with my phone...

I love taking pictures of my fish... but I feel like the corals are very left-out in this thread lol

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I really need to try another DSLR at some point. We had one, but sold it because I never really got the hang of it. But, it’s really hard to get close-up pictures of the corals with my phone...

I love taking pictures of my fish... but I feel like the corals are very left-out in this thread lol

I only have my phone too. So funny all the things you need for this hobby... seems to branch into other hobbies pretty easily. :)

OP
OP
ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineatus is back into banishment. Darn... I really hoped I could get her to play nice. Thankfully, she is super easy to catch... stuck a clam in the acclimation box and she literally swam right in! I guess I'll be looking for a new home for her now :(

Last edited:
Back