125 Gallon Build

Birdman Broham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2020
Messages
253
Reaction score
227
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Not new here but wanted to post a update.
After coming across a 125 gallon at a refusable price I upgraded from the 75 gallon.
Specs and Equipment so far:
- 125 Gallon tank and Stand
- 40 Gallon long custom sump/refugium
- 10 Gallon ATO
- 900GPH DC return pump
- Dual 1K Icecap Gyre Wavemakers
- Dual 1000 Watt Wavemakers (dead space)
- Protein Skimmer
- Dual Kessil lighting w/ controller (ordered a 3rd one)
- HOB Dual overflow box
- CoralLife Fuge grow light
- Media Reactor (Phossorb)
- Dual 300 Watt Marineland heaters
- LED strips under the stand to provide some lighting while working inside
- Moved all the live stock to QT tank so it didn’t stress them out
- Mated Maroon Gold Stripe Clowns
- Diamond Goby
- Some breed of wrasse (lol)
- Lemon Peel Angel
- Tomini Tang
- Yellow Goatfish
- Peppermint Shrimp
- 10 Turbo Snails


Will post more photos once water clears up and I get everything installed / setup in the sump area.
Very excited to own such a large tank.

IMG_9237.jpeg IMG_9238.jpeg IMG_9240.jpeg
 
Congrats on the big upgrade! I loved having a 125g. In fact, even though I am using a 40g cube right now, I still have my 125 in my basement. I hope to use it again after we move; it's such a wonderful sized tank!
 
Not new here but wanted to post a update.
After coming across a 125 gallon at a refusable price I upgraded from the 75 gallon.
Specs and Equipment so far:
- 125 Gallon tank and Stand
- 40 Gallon long custom sump/refugium
- 10 Gallon ATO
- 900GPH DC return pump
- Dual 1K Icecap Gyre Wavemakers
- Dual 1000 Watt Wavemakers (dead space)
- Protein Skimmer
- Dual Kessil lighting w/ controller (ordered a 3rd one)
- HOB Dual overflow box
- CoralLife Fuge grow light
- Media Reactor (Phossorb)
- Dual 300 Watt Marineland heaters
- LED strips under the stand to provide some lighting while working inside
- Moved all the live stock to QT tank so it didn’t stress them out
- Mated Maroon Gold Stripe Clowns
- Diamond Goby
- Some breed of wrasse (lol)
- Lemon Peel Angel
- Tomini Tang
- Yellow Goatfish
- Peppermint Shrimp
- 10 Turbo Snails


Will post more photos once water clears up and I get everything installed / setup in the sump area.
Very excited to own such a large tank.

IMG_9237.jpeg IMG_9238.jpeg IMG_9240.jpeg
How do you plan to filter this tank?
I would recommend finding both a hang on refugium such as Fiji or CPR brand and hang on skimmer such as ice cap K100 Opposed to canister units
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new