125 gallon dual overflow plumbing help

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im setting up a new to me 125 tank. I have the eshopps r-200 sump and im trying to figure out how to do the plumbing on it.

The problem is the fall is very short. I only have about about 9 inches from the bottom of the tank to the inlet of the sump. I have two 1" holes and two 3/4" holes. One of each on both side corners of the tank.

I hear that i need a full siphon in order to make itquiet. How will i do that with short distance?

The pipes i have just stuck in there . I dont think ill use these pipes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd mount pvc to the stand with hose connecting to tank and to sump. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So come out of the tank with a 90 and a pvc pipe to the sump. Then flex to the sump.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pvc all the way. You might be able to do 45 elbows. Measure it out 1st and dry test for fit. If you do 90s you can still do pvc all the way. No hose needed.

The standpipes up top are simple to make quiet. You can cheat and buy Maggie Mufflers or do this (pic) at the tops.
2a87338ee88c7e5c4b43a2da39b1f488.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. So i dont need to worry if the pipe is running flat along the stand?

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it be easier in long run if you want to change things out to have hose or unions in place somewhere? Or maybe just me who doesn't have their dreamtank yet

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on two unions and two ball valves one for each drain. But wasnt sure if it would be loud running it along the stand

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mine a few months ago & had minimal clearance like you. I ran hard pvc from the bulkhead all the way to the sump. I kept the piping above the sump & install a union so you can remove the piece and service or replace the sump. Yeah, I had to do that with my last tank, so I always make sure I can get it out if need be.

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on two unions and two ball valves one for each drain. But wasnt sure if it would be loud running it along the stand
I wouldn't bother with ball valves. If you stop the water going up the water coming down will stop too

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have any pics?

Makes since on the ball valve!

Ill leave it out

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it's loud, which I've never had that happen, you can always get pipe insulator. It's like a phone that goes around pipe if you're not familiar with it. But I have my pipes hitting the wood in several locations and I don't have any noise from that.

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aight. Imma go in the morning and grt my parts for it. So basiclly a 90 right out of the bulkhead down the stand and 90 back into the sump and maybe a 45 or 22 for the other side

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. And of course straight pipe and pc pipe glue set. You'll also need a hack saw or similar to cut it and a piece of sandpaper to sand the edges clean. I'm telling you this because I don't know if you've ever done PVC plumbing before. Get extra fittings though in case you wind up having to change something up a little bit. That saves you from having to run back to the store. And whatever you have left you can return for your money back.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! Good luck and let us know how it turns out :) If you haven't started a Members Tank build thread now is a good time [emoji12] It works kind of like keeping a Journal and everyone can check in and see how things are going. Plus you can bounce ideas back and forth and everything it's wonderful. And we all love pictures lots and lots of pictures LOL

OP
OP
B

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha! I will do that! I just signed up here so im new. But this is my 2nd tank and the intank overflows are new to me

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or to make it easier throw it in the basement! Just set this up on my girlfriends tank

20170805_204733.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back