125 mixed start-up

Peterock78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return to the hobby after 8 yrs i will say man how things have changex. Lol. Well me and the wife finally bought a house in manchester tn., and the wife asked me what i wanted for fathers day and i said a fish tank. So i found a 125 with stand on facebook and jumped on it. I have always been a sort of diy guy and also try to acheive positive results without the $$$ equipment. Trust me i wish i could afford it.

TANK- 125G 72x18x22 not reef ready

Sump- 20g diy trickle system with pot scrubbies and poly filters

REACTORS- 2 phosban reactors 1- Carbon and 1 phosguard

SKIMMER- Corallife 125

PUMPS- Kedsum 550 (like a slow tank turnover around 4 -6 times per hr.) 1 koralia 3 and 2
aquatec 150

LIGHTS- 2 WILLS 165w Chinese black box LED (currently 14 inches above waterline)

DOSING- Pickling Lime 1Tsp per gallon

LIVESTOCK- 2 green chromis, 1 strawberry pseudo, 1 snowflake clown, 1 sailfin tang, 3 peppermint shrimps, various snails and crabs..

CORALS- Duncan, Hammer, Green Toadstool, Acan, Hollywood stunner Chalice, Pogona, varies zooas

OP
OP
P

Peterock78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put a larger one in but the stand has braces every 14 to 16 inches so trying to get anything larger isnt gonna happen. That is one of the reasons i am running a 4 -5 times turnover. Allow the skimmer to do its job.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back