125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell by the avatar! Beautiful looking Bicolor?
Yep, picture taken in my 40B QT over a year ago. It's a lot bigger now.
Edit: between that one and its mate in the top 75g QT, 2 of similar size (~5-6") in the bottom 75g QT and 2 of ~3" in the 40B QT, I have 6 bicolor foxfaces (Siganus uspi)
I also got a ~5" one-spot (Siganus unimaculatus) from Mibu a while ago and recently got 2 one-spots ~2" for my work tank (to eventually pair with the first)

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep, picture taken in my 40B QT over a year ago. It's a lot bigger now.
Edit: between that one and its mate in the top 75g QT, 2 of similar size (~5-6") in the bottom 75g QT and 2 of ~3" in the 40B QT, I have 6 bicolor foxfaces (Siganus uspi)
I also got a ~5" one-spot (Siganus unimaculatus) from Mibu a while ago and recently got 2 one-spots ~2" for my work tank (to eventually pair with the first)
Nice!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll never buy from LA again. Out of three damsels ordered one was completely DOA and the others were looking, well, not their best. And I know it was only an order of hermit crabs, but what I got was empty shells.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the potentially crazy dream of trying to breed foxies in the future, but I have a lot of learning and experience to gain first. At least so far my acquisitions of a random pair at once have resulted in peaceable pairs (no idea if actually male/female pairs or just not enough reason to fight?).
In the future, I may try to introduce all 4 large bicolor foxfaces to my 125 display together, but I plan to be careful since I already tried adding 2 earlier to the other QT with 2 and it resulted in a fight (2 were already established for a couple months and were the definite aggressors).

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!
Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I just checked Blue Zoo... If I can talk my wife into it, if they get them in stock, I can get a Lamarck's Angel, a Scopas or Half Black Mimic Tang, and a Foxface for just under $200 which gets me free shipping. Right now they're out of stock. I also contacted the closest Petco which has the cleanest tanks and healthiest fish. They're going to see what they can order for me - specifically an Orange Shoulder, Half-Black Mimic, One Spot Foxface, Lamarck's Angel, and Yellow Coris. They'll let me know! Now I just need to convince my wife I need them all. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: She's already agreed to the Foxface for $60-70 (but she's not happy about it), she's already said the Angel might be ok for $40-$50, when I told her I'm looking for a Yellow Coris Wrasse she didn't argue, and I already said we eventually have to get another Tang and that I'm not looking at expensive ones. Blue Zoo will be a difficult sell because it'll all be at the once...
Jack Mcbrayer Shrug GIF by Team Coco

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just checked Blue Zoo... If I can talk my wife into it, if they get them in stock, I can get a Lamarck's Angel, a Scopas or Half Black Mimic Tang, and a Foxface for just under $200 which gets me free shipping. Right now they're out of stock. I also contacted the closest Petco which has the cleanest tanks and healthiest fish. They're going to see what they can order for me - specifically an Orange Shoulder, Half-Black Mimic, One Spot Foxface, Lamarck's Angel, and Yellow Coris. They'll let me know! Now I just need to convince my wife I need them all. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: She's already agreed to the Foxface for $60-70 (but she's not happy about it), she's already said the Angel might be ok for $40-$50, when I told her I'm looking for a Yellow Coris Wrasse she didn't argue, and I already said we eventually have to get another Tang and that I'm not looking at expensive ones. Blue Zoo will be a difficult sell because it'll all be at the once...
Jack Mcbrayer Shrug GIF by Team Coco
Oops... ask forgiveness.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oops... ask forgiveness.
Remember, single income. Ask for forgiveness works for that $50-$60 at a time, $200 at one time gets to be a little risky especially with tax season upon us. I'm hoping Petco can get a couple of them for a reasonable price and I'll grab them in the bag before they hit the tank - less stress on the fish.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the Inkbird ITC 306 says I'm sitting at 78.9 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm thinking I'm probably not using it right. I have the heater set to 80 and the controller at 79. Should I switch that to have the heater at 79 and the controller at 80 or am I doing it right?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Inkbird ITC 306 says I'm sitting at 78.9 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm thinking I'm probably not using it right. I have the heater set to 80 and the controller at 79. Should I switch that to have the heater at 79 and the controller at 80 or am I doing it right?
Controller at Lower temp than heater is correct. This is a failsafe that if controller gets stuck on, then hopefully the heater will cutoff at a bit higher than controller was set at.

If heater was lower than controller, then controller would run all the time and heater would shut off before controller reached desired temp.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Controller at Lower temp than heater is correct. This is a failsafe that if controller gets stuck on, then hopefully the heater will cutoff at a bit higher than controller was set at.

If heater was lower than controller, then controller would run all the time and heater would shut off before controller reached desired temp.
Ok, perfect! I don't think I read the destructions so I wasn't sure.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I'm not operating heavy machinery today.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had aquariums? Do you even reef, man.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back