Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot this little doohickey.
IMG_20220721_193613697.jpg
At least it will go away. Until you get wrasses that spit sand, sand bombs, and sand storms.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20220718-201257.png

Ordered a power strip/surge protector today.

Bro, I got this for my 135.

I have it installed already and I love it. Each of the 4 rings has it's own power button so I can turn off one or 2 to kill flow for cleaning or whatever and still have the lights on. Also, the spacing between the outlets is large enough to accommodate the large power inverters that some of the equipment has.

The bottom ring, has 4 USB ports and 2 standard plugs. The top 3 rings each have 4 standard plugs.

I have the lights all on the same ring, the top one, so I know I can turn the others off and still have lights to see with!!

EDIT: I have the 2 heaters plugged into the lowest ring. Same as the lights, I know I can leave that one on and the heaters will run, no matter what else I am doing with the tank.

Call it a "poor mans" controller... haha

It works well for my needs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bro, I got this for my 135.

I have it installed already and I love it. Each of the 4 rings has it's own power button so I can turn off one or 2 to kill flow for cleaning or whatever and still have the lights on. Also, the spacing between the outlets is large enough to accommodate the large power inverters that some of the equipment has.

The bottom ring, has 4 USB ports and 2 standard plugs. The top 3 rings each have 4 standard plugs.

I have the lights all on the same ring, the top one, so I know I can turn the others off and still have lights to see with!!

EDIT: I have the 2 heaters plugged into the lowest ring. Same as the lights, I know I can leave that one on and the heaters will run, no matter what else I am doing with the tank.

Call it a "poor mans" controller... haha

It works well for my needs.

That's actually quite brilliant!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yuh, working on my tank atm. I got threw a few pages, had to roast coffee, rearrange coral. Thinking about tearing apart the right side of the tank and re-scaping that area.
I think I asked you, how much do you roast at a time? A day's worth? A week? I used to roast about an 1/8 cup a couple times a week. It'd last me two days or so.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
12 ounces per week. Lasts about 5 days. You aren't big on drinking coffee?
Oh I drink a ton. I was only drinking coffee at home on Saturday... Sometimes a cup in the evening. I wasn't big on standing in the heat over my popcorn popper.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I drink at least 16 ounces of coffee a day, often quite a bit more.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok... Now comes the big question: do I do a mated pair of Tomato Clowns or do I do 2 regular Percula Clowns for almost the same price...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... Now comes the big question: do I do a mated pair of Tomato Clowns or do I do 2 regular Percula Clowns for almost the same price...
From someone with 2 20 or so year old tomatos. Go perc lol.

Tomato clown = piranha of clown. They have slightly larger teeth than most clowns once full grown and will take plugs out of you. I have what looks like cigarette burn scars all over my forearms from mine.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From someone with 2 20 or so year old tomatos. Go perc lol.

Tomato clown = piranha of clown. They have slightly larger teeth than most clowns once full grown and will take plugs out of you. I have what looks like cigarette burn scars all over my forearms from mine.
That was kind of the conclusion I was coming to. Thanks!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So many builds I have to check out. I keep forgetting.
omg thank goodness for the watched thread! Thanks @rmorris_14 for clueing me onto it. Also, turning off notifications on reactions in preferences has helped me not miss build thread notifications!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
omg thank goodness for the watched thread! Thanks @rmorris_14 for clueing me onto it. Also, turning off notifications on reactions in preferences has helped me not miss build thread notifications!
That's the thing, I'm got reactions turned off, and watching a lot of threads. We get bumped off a lot though. Somehow...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back