125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

glee-kurt-hummel.gif
 
Work from home they said!
It'll be great they said!
Your wife would never have you start tearing out the bathroom they said!
IMG_20220728_183432700.jpg

Ok, maybe they never said that last part, but if they had they would've been wrong! In my wife's defense she did let me finish my work day BEFORE we started tearing up the shower.
 
Work from home they said!
It'll be great they said!
Your wife would never have you start tearing out the bathroom they said!
IMG_20220728_183432700.jpg

Ok, maybe they never said that last part, but if they had they would've been wrong! In my wife's defense she did let me finish my work day BEFORE we started tearing up the shower.
All that saved time not commuting.
 
All that saved time not commuting.
It's funny because I got in the car to go to dinner last night and it was on empty... Apparently my wife decided that since I wasn't using it she'd take my car and use my gas to take my son to the doctor.
 
It's funny because I got in the car to go to dinner last night and it was on empty... Apparently my wife decided that since I wasn't using it she'd take my car and use my gas to take my son to the doctor.
How kind of her. We finally got our car back from the transmission shop. It's been a month and a half at least.
 
How kind of her. We finally got our car back from the transmission shop. It's been a month and a half at least.
You had one car stolen and the other one broke, right?
 
No car stolen. Just the bad trans.
Someone had a car stolen from their driveway one night and their second car broke a couple of days later. Can't remember who it was.
 
Alright! We were working in the bathroom more this morning and then made a dump run. Since we had the trailer hooked up we figured it'd be a good time to go bathtub shopping. I sat in probably 40-50 tubs today. We decided which tubs we probably want but we have to find a shower base that will fit next to them so we didn't buy one today - but we have a semi-plan!

I'm tank news, since we were downtown we decided to hit up the old Ocean Floor. My wife grabbed some Flagfish and Rasboras for the FW tank and we grabbed some gracilaria and 5 Astrea snails. Also decided that since we were at a store that sells it - might as well grab some Reef Chowda! 16 ounces of a mix of pods, rotifers, phyto, and brine shrimp. This stuff is great. Manufactured by the son-in-law of @SawCJack00 if I'm not mistaken.
 
Couple of items arrived in the mail today.
IMG_20220730_191235615.jpg

IMG_20220730_190934620.jpg

This is the right alkalinity test, right?
 
So I have an in-tank refugium. I'm going to set that up this afternoon for the Red Ogo and some rubble I've been cycling and is ready to go. One of the "perks" of having a sump with no refugium. I'll get pics later.
 
@Mschmidt I just checked a couple of different brands: Quikrete Portland cement has >1% silica sand, Sakrete has 1-3% silica sand, and Quikrete Rapid setting concrete mix has 40-70% silica sand. I would definitely stay away from the rapid set concrete mixes if you decide to build rock.
 
@Mschmidt I just checked a couple of different brands: Quikrete Portland cement has >1% silica sand, Sakrete has 1-3% silica sand, and Quikrete Rapid setting concrete mix has 40-70% silica sand. I would definitely stay away from the rapid set concrete mixes if you decide to build rock.
That is a big percent. It will be avoided. It's probably safe to assume the >1% of quikrete Portland is taken care of in the fresh and salt water baths.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new