125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20220808_203442553~2.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One day I'll decide to stop buying them in mass, and I think that time will be after the next LRO sale. after that bit by bit from the lfs...I say now.
big 3 are being consumed massively in my tank. I have to test the big 3 weekly to make sure I am keeping the levels corrected. Magnesium has become a bit of a challenge. My redsea tests may need to be replaced. I only see a drop in mags of increments of 100. So I wonder...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
big 3 are being consumed massively in my tank. I have to test the big 3 weekly to make sure I am keeping the levels corrected. Magnesium has become a bit of a challenge. My redsea tests may need to be replaced. I only see a drop in mags of increments of 100. So I wonder...
I don't see any noticeable consumption yet and have little impulse control, so I keep buying.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So far I've moved 2 montipora Spongodes frags, a Bubblegum Digitata frag, a Superman Monti frag, a Burning Banana Stylo - wasn't doing good, a Sunset Stylo - also wasn't doing good, a JKR Golden Gate Galaxea - down to three polyps, a Meteor Shower Cyphastrea, and a small Red Brick Road Cyphastrea - about 6 months. Nothing has started thriving yet but everything looks healthier than it did in the 75. Need to run some tests today. But first, I'm going to grab some Reef Chowda - a mix of phyto, brine shrimp, pods, and rotifers.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my bubble gum monti took months to start growing. I relate that to the urchin always removing it from the rock.
I do hope your coral begin to grow like weeds for you.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
my bubble gum monti took months to start growing. I relate that to the urchin always removing it from the rock.
I do hope your coral begin to grow like weeds for you.
I want my Stylos and Cyphastreas to go crazy and encrust everything! I've got several Leptos that are going to get moved over eventually - a Hulk Lepto, a Neon Green Pavona, and a Cactus Pavona. I want encrusters to take over and sticks to bust out of everything! The Stylophora is a beautiful one at grow out and I love my Spongodes. I also have a Purple Stylophora in the 5 that is an encrusting fool! Can't wait to move that rock over.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I went down for the pods and ended up with 16oz Reef Chowda, 2 more Astrea, a Banded Trochus (paid for an Astrea, didn't realize he grabbed a Trochus - better deal for me!), two more Nassarius, 3 Margarita, and 3 more hermit crabs. I was sooooo close to buying a Foxface for $35 but it was skinny and super faded. My wife wasn't comfortable so we passed.
IMG_20220904_160717331.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dude at Petco said they may start eating softies, so I'll have to keep an eye on that.
While most cowries are omnivores, it is accepted in the hobby that the Money Cowrie is an herbivore.

The Tiger Cowrie prefers a rock aquarium with hiding places. While small, it will eat some algae and scavenge for scraps, but as an adult, it will eat some anemones, sponges, and soft corals, and is best housed with starfish, sea urchins, and tubeworms in the reef aquarium.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back