125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Guess you're going to have to buy one and find out. The lfs here had at least 6 carpenter wrasses. Almost got one. Maybe later.
Nope! They were all sickly looking. The two that were swimming around had their fins clamped and their bellies we're kind tucked up. I'm guessing flukes for sure but didn't want to take any chances.
 
No flasher Wrasses today but...

Starry Blenny
IMG_20220910_190223563.jpg
A couple Pajamas
IMG_20220910_190116618.jpg

Also picked up a Hanna Alk tester for $20. Almost brand new.
 
Random photos for the day.

IMG_20220911_155238796.jpg
IMG_20220911_154633296.jpg
IMG_20220911_154638424.jpg
IMG_20220911_154659453.jpg
IMG_20220911_154737925.jpg
IMG_20220911_154850162.jpg
IMG_20220911_154752798.jpg
IMG_20220911_154608277.jpg
IMG_20220911_154618043.jpg
IMG_20220911_155000763.jpg
IMG_20220911_155018726.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220911_154615255.jpg
    IMG_20220911_154615255.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 53
Apparently he doesn't mind me taking pictures after lights out... or rather before lights on
IMG_20220912_055814801.jpg
 
I just went to test my alkalinity with the new tester.... Let's just say my LFS I purchased it from just got a nastygram message from me about how ashamed they should be for selling a known broken tester with an "all sales final" policy and without allowing me to test it.

I was told it was traded in by their Saltwater manager. So either A: he broke it and knowingly traded it in broken, or B: I was lied to to make me feel better about purchasing it untested because it came from a reputable person... Either way it's highly inappropriate and I let them know. Then I emailed the situation to Hanna. We'll see what everyone says but most likely I'm out $20 and my wife will probably end up punching someone next time we go there. That might be kind of fun to watch, right?

Someone pried it open. I don't think it was ever used.
IMG_20220912_091857506.jpg
IMG_20220912_091901589.jpg
 
And in 2 minutes Hanna emailed me back and offered to send me a new battery cover.
 
I mean, watching the wife punch someone may be worth $20.
Oh, definitely! She still might. All depends on what the LFS says in response to the message.
Hannas costumer service is legit.
Yes they are. I figured it doesn't hurt to reach out to the manufacturer. If they offered to sell me a battery cover I'd probably have still taken them up on the offer.
 
@Mschmidt , you're taking ethics classes - let me ask you an ethical question: if things work out the way I hope they do, now that Hanna is replacing the battery door for free, if the LFS offers me a $20 store credit for the broken tester is it ethically wrong to accept it? I feel like it's one of those $20 for my troubles and for them lying to me. Morally it's acceptable. Ethically I think so as well. Thoughts?

@BroccoliFarmer what about from a tax standpoint? Does this have any implications there?
 
@Mschmidt , you're taking ethics classes - let me ask you an ethical question: if things work out the way I hope they do, now that Hanna is replacing the battery door for free, if the LFS offers me a $20 store credit for the broken tester is it ethically wrong to accept it? I feel like it's one of those $20 for my troubles and for them lying to me. Morally it's acceptable. Ethically I think so as well. Thoughts?

@BroccoliFarmer what about from a tax standpoint? Does this have any implications there?
My area of "expertise" is bioethics, not business or personal ethics. But the question is did you contact Hanna free thing or did they offer it? You said you were willing to pay for it if that was the option. Now, why is the store giving $20 credit? is it to help fix the tester? or is it to keep a costumer. If it's to fix the product they sold, my recommendation is take one or the other. (When I bought a tester (new) and the reagent it came with as expired, Hanna gave me the option to go through the store or them for a replacement.) If it's to keep a costumer, then the gift is to repair the relationship and maybe keep your wife from punching anyone.
 
@Mschmidt , you're taking ethics classes - let me ask you an ethical question: if things work out the way I hope they do, now that Hanna is replacing the battery door for free, if the LFS offers me a $20 store credit for the broken tester is it ethically wrong to accept it? I feel like it's one of those $20 for my troubles and for them lying to me. Morally it's acceptable. Ethically I think so as well. Thoughts?

@BroccoliFarmer what about from a tax standpoint? Does this have any implications there?
Lol. No tax implications. This would most likely fall under the category of a gift. TECHNICALLY, you could contemplate this as income but I doubt any IRS agent would enforce this.
 
Transferred a couple more corals from the 75:
Cactus Pavona
IMG_20220912_173152598.jpg

Reverse Prism Favia
IMG_20220912_173133409.jpg

Riptide Zoas - unsure of variety but probably either Green Bay Packers or Radioactive Spider
IMG_20220912_173124321.jpg

Hulk Lepto
IMG_20220912_173104328.jpg
 
Phosphate looks to be very very close to 0 if not at 0. I couldn't see even a hint of blue in the sample water. Fed some Reef Roids, Reef Candy, Benepets, and Reef Jerky. Everything ate. The Christmas Favia has green mouths when they're open and red when they're closed!
 
I just went to test my alkalinity with the new tester.... Let's just say my LFS I purchased it from just got a nastygram message from me about how ashamed they should be for selling a known broken tester with an "all sales final" policy and without allowing me to test it.

I was told it was traded in by their Saltwater manager. So either A: he broke it and knowingly traded it in broken, or B: I was lied to to make me feel better about purchasing it untested because it came from a reputable person... Either way it's highly inappropriate and I let them know. Then I emailed the situation to Hanna. We'll see what everyone says but most likely I'm out $20 and my wife will probably end up punching someone next time we go there. That might be kind of fun to watch, right?

Someone pried it open. I don't think it was ever used.
IMG_20220912_091857506.jpg
IMG_20220912_091901589.jpg
Wow that’s so wrong. Sry.
 
Phosphate looks to be very very close to 0 if not at 0. I couldn't see even a hint of blue in the sample water. Fed some Reef Roids, Reef Candy, Benepets, and Reef Jerky. Everything ate. The Christmas Favia has green mouths when they're open and red when they're closed!
I've never seen my favia with open mouths. Maybe that's why they don't do well...
 
1663030504668.jpeg

nice raja they nice raja. Good luck w it. They grow up so fast. Esp for a chalice before ya know it lol
C831C737-9D79-4CED-BF3A-2D5467031A24.jpeg
I've read different things. Do i want it in strong light or down low? It's bright and was eating today but the edges are kind of rolling up.it seems happy but I have it pretty high in my tank. Not sure on par.
 
I've never seen my favia with open mouths. Maybe that's why they don't do well...
Mine used to always eat. The Top Fuel was always open with feeding tentacles extended. The Fascination would open if I fed frozen or Reef Roids. My Reverse Prism eats faster than the Micros and Blastos do but I never see feeding tentacles.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new