125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Bucket of Reef Crystals and a phosphate test kit ordered. My wife is going to be so pleased with me.
 
Salt should be here tomorrow, phosphate test should be here early next week.
 
Fragged a couple tips from the 5 gallon. This is the only good picture.

IMG_20220908_140259944~2.jpg

Purple Stylophora - took 3 small frags
Also grabbed a couple of Red Digitata tips but they're mad right now and refusing to open.
 
Look who took the bait! I also caught the Green Chromis but threw him back.
IMG_20220908_164453119.jpg
 
Ok, bring on the haters...

I'm thinking realllllly hard about ordering a rabbitfish. Not just any old Rabbitfish though, a Biota Golden Lined Rabbitfish. They say 6 foot tanks are good for them. I know I may run into trouble down the road and have to re-home it but...

https://shop.thebiotagroup.com/products/golden-rabbitfish
Get it I have a 6ft and I can take it when it gets too big. I have a Vlamningi in a 180. They say 310 minimum. Haters gonna hate.
 
Agreed! look hard enough and you'll find a place to take them! Or I can see if ORD aquatics wants them for sweet sweet credit and I can be a go-between.
 
Ok, so I paid $6 including shipping for the corals (don't tell @billyocean but I won a gift card), then I paid $60 for the salt and test kit (got a great deal on the salt, but my wife still doesn't know I ordered it - she'll figure it out when it arrives today?) so do I order the $65 cleanup crew I told her I was getting when it cools down or do I order the $57 clean up crew fishes that I told her I was eventually getting after the 125 was set up? I can't order both right now but I might be able to get away with the fish and then the CUC in a couple of weeks... Probably after my daughter's hunt would be a great time.
 
Ok, so I paid $6 including shipping for the corals (don't tell @billyocean but I won a gift card), then I paid $60 for the salt and test kit (got a great deal on the salt, but my wife still doesn't know I ordered it - she'll figure it out when it arrives today?) so do I order the $65 cleanup crew I told her I was getting when it cools down or do I order the $57 clean up crew fishes that I told her I was eventually getting after the 125 was set up? I can't order both right now but I might be able to get away with the fish and then the CUC in a couple of weeks... Probably after my daughter's hunt would be a great time.
Haha...that's great! Thanks Tim!
 
I've got an odd feeling that the salt will not be here today. Scheduled for delivery before 10pm but hasn't been picked up yet.

The phosphate test was dropped off at USPS yesterday early afternoon but the Post Office still hasn't decided if they've accepted it or not... It's only 6 hours from my house. Road trip???
driving selena gomez GIF by Spring Breakers
 
$28 Carpenters Wrasse... I'm thinking hard about it!
 
I haven't seen them yet. The sale started today but I'm at work. If there's one tomorrow it's a good possibility I'll grab one. Unless the salt shows up and my wife decides she's mad at me...
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I haven't seen them yet. The sale started today but I'm at work. If there's one tomorrow it's a good possibility I'll grab one. Unless the salt shows up and my wife decides she's mad at me...
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Whats next, 10' tank?
 
Whats next, 10' tank?
Well, she did tell me I wasn't allowed to have the 110, I had to do the 125 instead...
 
I want a 10' tank. But, none of my house is propper territory for it.
I think if I got rid of the 75 and the cabinet on the other side of the 125 I could squeeze a 10' in. That wall is probably 10' 4" or so. Perfect spot? I'd just have to figure out moving the 125 out to get the other one in.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new