125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan. I'll probably still get a couple of Peppermint Shrimp just in case since this frag has been in my tank since the middle of October and it's tiny (first one I've seen). There could be more hiding in the shadows where Peppermints like to lurk.

They have for me in the past as well.

My concern is the proximity to the Blasto heads. I know lots use this method but I'm a little clumsy with the syringes and I don't want to blast the Blasto on accident.
hitting the blasto would be tragic.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lookin purdy. Hiding in the shadows.
IMG_20221212_135728807.jpg

Lookit those sweepers!
IMG_20221212_135931923.jpg

wakejumper22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright - pictures should be coming next in a couple of weeks but I decided to start the thread!

Setup:
Tank
125 Gallon (72"*19"*24") glass tank
Sump
Eshopps RS200 3rd Gen
Bubble Magus Curve 6
Green Machine 9 watt UV Sterilizer (as
needed)
Lights
Noopsyche K7 V3 140 watt x 2
Noopsyche K7 Pro II 90 watt
Noopsyche K7 V3 75 watt
Stand
Homemade steel square stock (way
overkill)
Heater
300 watt Inkbird Titanium Heater
250 watt Rena Inline heater
Inkbird Heater Controller
Sand
40 lbs Arag Alive Pink Fiji sand to start
with an additional 40 lbs in the 75
and 10 more in the 5 gallon
Rock
Approximately 25 pounds now plus
an additional 50 lbs in the 75 and
10 more in the 5 gallon
Nice!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just love this thing!
IMG_20221212_154740815.jpg

My RFA ... Sometimes you buy pretty things and:
IMG_20221212_154835961.jpg

Low self-esteem?

AquaticVisualPleasures Al

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, she passed just after midnight tonight. I've got the rest of today (except my wife wants to go to a friend's house for dinner and a movie), tomorrow, Sunday afternoon/evening, and Monday to get the tank inside and filled. Tuesday and Wednesday are probably going to be spent getting ready to leave.
Everyone can appreciate the situation your in better togo and not have the pain but the great memories. Our hearts go out to you and All yours still here /there.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the Brightwell AminOmega showed up yesterday! Everything looks good except 1 was open inside the container and half the bottle leaked so I'm getting a replacement. Fed the tank with it and didn't notice any significant PE increase but we'll see if colors or growth increase over the next couple of weeks I suppose. Either way, Aminos and Omegas are good if they're not overdone.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Brightwell AminOmega showed up yesterday! Everything looks good except 1 was open inside the container and half the bottle leaked so I'm getting a replacement. Fed the tank with it and didn't notice any significant PE increase but we'll see if colors or growth increase over the next couple of weeks I suppose. Either way, Aminos and Omegas are good if they're not overdone.
Mine just got refunded..guess they ran out..lol

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get an orphek lens for your phone or camera, helps a lot when posting your pics. Sometimes color can be hard to match, I don't doubt some touch up is done on all vendor's pages, as long as they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. The thing to look for when matching gonis ia the eye color, which looks yellow in both, the ring around the eye, and the base. The tentacles always seem to have the most color and a likely culprit of some photo touch up.
I would recommend this lens Kit as it comes with both Orange and yellow filters for white and blue light set ups:

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would recommend this lens Kit as it comes with both Orange and yellow filters for white and blue light set ups:

I'm working on my wife. She doesn't enjoy the fact that I have to spend money on the tank and lenses are a "want" in her eyes since she could care less about the pictures. :rolleyes:

Back