125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right on. It's a slow game..you knoweth the deal. Skimmer is great if you need it...I just weirdly don't need mine yet. But lps and gonis dig a little phos as well.
Yeah, that's why I only wanted my skimmer running for a partial day. I don't want to overskim all the "food" out of the water but I don't want my nitrates to blast off while trying to raise phosphates to detectable levels. I had considered dosing phosphates but would definitely want a more reliable test like the Hanna before dosing. Salifert is good but digital gives actual numbers instead of the guesswork of "Which blue is it?". All I can say for certain is that right now I'm definitely under that 0.03 but there is just enough tint to say happily I am not a 0.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All fish are fat and happy, light dusting of algae that had been present in the sand bed is cleared up, corals are all corally and polypy and show feeding response. Even my Orange Echinata that was basically dead a few weeks ago grew a second mouth and is getting it's orange coloration back.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And then....
Ashton Kutcher Dude GIF

And then I'm looking in my tank admiring my Blastos and I see some little tentacley things coming from the back of my Blue Ravens and turn the plug to find... a stupid aiptasia.
IMG_20221212_082615975~2.jpg

Ugh. I was just at the fish store yesterday and they had Peps on sale. The good news is there's also a little baby Blasto bud growing on the back.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then....
Ashton Kutcher Dude GIF

And then I'm looking in my tank admiring my Blastos and I see some little tentacley things coming from the back of my Blue Ravens and turn the plug to find... a stupid aiptasia.
IMG_20221212_082615975~2.jpg

Ugh. I was just at the fish store yesterday and they had Peps on sale. The good news is there's also a little baby Blasto bud growing on the back.
Berghi nudibranchs

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ypu could also take it out...the frag..and superglue the aptasia so it won't spread
That's my plan. I'll probably still get a couple of Peppermint Shrimp just in case since this frag has been in my tank since the middle of October and it's tiny (first one I've seen). There could be more hiding in the shadows where Peppermints like to lurk.
Peppermint shrimp worked for me.
They have for me in the past as well.
lemon juice worked for me.
My concern is the proximity to the Blasto heads. I know lots use this method but I'm a little clumsy with the syringes and I don't want to blast the Blasto on accident.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan. I'll probably still get a couple of Peppermint Shrimp just in case since this frag has been in my tank since the middle of October and it's tiny (first one I've seen). There could be more hiding in the shadows where Peppermints like to lurk.

They have for me in the past as well.

My concern is the proximity to the Blasto heads. I know lots use this method but I'm a little clumsy with the syringes and I don't want to blast the Blasto on accident.
I'm a clumsy as well. I used Kalkwasser powder with a little bit of tank water so it is a thick paste (thicker than toothpaste). pull frag. smear on top of aiptasia, sit out of water for a few minutes, then rinse the excess and put it back. You can follow up after a week with super glue if you want, but it never needed it on mine.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back