125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

And for the record, the anemone was an "Oops" purchase. It had cool colors and was listed as a torch. After I bought it I looked closer and realized what I did...
 
No pics. Just looked at the tank though. I moved the rack to a different spot in the tank. Should be about the same PAR and same flow but a lot more random. All 6 Acros are showing better PE. I think they're happy!
 
And for the record, the anemone was an "Oops" purchase. It had cool colors and was listed as a torch. After I bought it I looked closer and realized what I did...
Did you ever find out what type of nem it is? I know he was selling the green side of nexus burst and nexus joker anemones. I’m guessing it probably a joker.
 
This is the one I don't see in my list of purchases.
IMG_20221209_131919177.jpg
Red Dragon Goni.png
Same here...
20221209_200429.jpg
 
Did you ever find out what type of nem it is? I know he was selling the green side of nexus burst and nexus joker anemones. I’m guessing it probably a joker.
It said Joker Torch Green Side of Nexus.
 
@billyocean that Orange Blast is hotttttt! My gets mad now cause I sit and stare at it...
 
Pics later but I pulled the trigger on a pair of Springeri Damselfish!
 
So it looks like this is the one I was sent. The lens he used makes it look way more orange than my lighting. :slightly-smiling-face:
Screenshot_20221209-132422.png
You should get an orphek lens for your phone or camera, helps a lot when posting your pics. Sometimes color can be hard to match, I don't doubt some touch up is done on all vendor's pages, as long as they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. The thing to look for when matching gonis ia the eye color, which looks yellow in both, the ring around the eye, and the base. The tentacles always seem to have the most color and a likely culprit of some photo touch up.
 
You should get an orphek lens for your phone or camera, helps a lot when posting your pics. Sometimes color can be hard to match, I don't doubt some touch up is done on all vendor's pages, as long as they aren't trying to pull the wool over your eyes. The thing to look for when matching gonis ia the eye color, which looks yellow in both, the ring around the eye, and the base. The tentacles always seem to have the most color and a likely culprit of some photo touch up.
My mushrooms and Gonis usually are pretty close to true colors using my phone's manual mode. Occasionally I'll use my orange glasses but I don't like the reddish tint in the background. Even those I have to manually adjust my white balance and brightness though. I've considered a lens kit just haven't done it yet.
 
Same here...
20221209_200429.jpg
That is still an amazing looking Goni. If you look at the gallery thread for what was sold here https://sbbcorals.com/gallery/page/3/ you will see the mohawk zoa color appears more orange as well, where if you Google Mohawk zoas you'll notice they are more pink. I'd say once your Goni extends some it will have some more of the orange color as well since you can see it in the arms of the Goni.
 
My SBB Mohawks. Some polyps are orange, others are more yellow.
IMG_20221211_162346441.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new