125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

When my wife comes home and says: I thought you got a new fish!
IMG_20220804_145442378~2.jpg
 
What kind is it? Melan female?
Male. They sold it as a Hoevens which is cheaper than a Melanurus even though it's the exact same fish....
 
They are up in price by some vendors. They are around 100 now ;(
$26.99. She gave me a 10% discount for telling her which wrasse it was and helping her find the price (normally $29.99).
 
$26.99. She gave me a 10% discount for telling her which wrasse it was and helping her find the price (normally $29.99).
As much as I am happy for all the lady luck you steal.... I wont be getting anymore wrasses myself.
 
As much as I am happy for all the lady luck you steal.... I wont be getting anymore wrasses myself.
But you have a gorgeous eel so it's all good!
 
I want ducks but they make a muddy mess.
Cooking goose is nasty. They are around 50% fat. Dad always told us "goose belong on a spit." He wasn't joking.
Duck can be done in the oven thankfully.

How'd this turn into food?
 
I want Cayuga Ducks. They're the second quietest, second friendliest, and second best duck breed after the Pekin (but Perkins are ugly).
 
Couple of items arrived in the mail today.
IMG_20220730_191235615.jpg


This is the right alkalinity test, right?


That's the one I use.

Glad to see the rock project started. How's it going? I got my rocks cut up last weekend and I am working on gluing them together this week.

Today turned into a behind the scenes maintenance day. I looked into my SW mixing can and realized I can't even read the heater display through the water. Enough is enough.. Dumped all the water down the drain and scrubbed everything clean. Amazing how much filth comes out of a can that is just "Clean" water lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new