Status
Not open for further replies.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is very humbling in itself. I happen to believe im a god in my own mind at times.
My corals and fish have shown me thats false on numerous occasions when totally helpless after making mistakes and seeing my critters suffer.

You’re getting at what I love about this hobby. I haven’t ever felt like a god. Rather I’ve dealt with feelings of inadequacy all my life. Somehow the responsibility of knowing I’m the sole decision maker for my slice of ocean has been helpful. Don’t ask me why. But yeah. This hobby, for me it makes me feel more like I know what I’m doing

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That ro unit is insane, 5 stage! Do you know how long it runs for?
5 stage isn’t that special. I have a 7 stage that makes 200 gallons per day with a booster pump. You’ll see some guys with custom 10-14 stages.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you do it underwater?

nope. But you get a bond between rock stronger than the rock itself in something like 10 sec. check out the Tidal Gardens series of videos about his sps show tank. There’s and episode that talks about it.

Reactions: LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 stage isn’t that special. I have a 7 stage that makes 200 gallons per day with a booster pump. You’ll see some guys with custom 10-14 stages.
Agreed but this is for sure a step in right direction and much better than ro buddy any day of the week.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the sicce pump and the flow randomizer and a puck (ai or kessil) should I be able to keep carribean sps and lps?

with a 13.5 g display I’m not sure you need to worry about a flow randomizer my guy...

thrillreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0B7EEF10-6A1C-4885-A3B8-BC8194D8A3AD.jpeg
Wow I thought mine was packed but I think you got me beat! Here's mine:
IMG_1722.jpg

Overall I really like the Evo! I have mostly stock equipment, did add a powerhead and a blue light strip (453 nm), and a makeshift basket for chamber 1 and a submersible light for a refugium in chamber 2. But I'm able to grow LPS all over the tank, and SPS directly under the center LEDs. This is about a year in. Had some ups and downs -- dinoflagellates, hair algae, Montipora nudibranchs, etc. But most of that was my own bad husbandry.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But with the kessil yeah, that should do the job for sps in a tank that shallow

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I thought mine was packed but I think you got me beat! Here's mine:
IMG_1722.jpg

Overall I really like the Evo! I have mostly stock equipment, did add a powerhead and a blue light strip (453 nm), and a makeshift basket for chamber 1 and a submersible light for a refugium in chamber 2. But I'm able to grow LPS all over the tank, and SPS directly under the center LEDs. This is about a year in. Had some ups and downs -- dinoflagellates, hair algae, Montipora nudibranchs, etc. But most of that was my own bad husbandry.

stahp it. I don’t need an Evo 13.5 darnit.....

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also Noah don't get to confused by this statement. Or take much of it to heart if any.
Your water source is going to tell you how you need to configure your unit.
Like I said in other thread. Your water company can yell you how your water is treated. You can get filters for chlorine and chloramines like I did. Followed by DI your all set considering these are designed, built and all tested around some of the worst water in our country.
About 15 minutes from me to be exact.
If it can clean my water from 500ppm to 0 tds it can clean anyone's water lol.

The amount of water your going to need to make per day is totally dictated by the amount of water your going system is going to demand. Pretty sure this is rated for 100gpd so for your little system that will most likely take care of you for a month or so.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not get the 20g get a fiji cube AIO insert and lessen the need for a upgrade ? Get a simple 10g from wal-mart for a QT tank with a aquaclear filter,heater and maybe a small power head (sicce .5 $25) for extra flow ?

I just don't see why people spend the money on small tanks getting into the hobby then eventually upgrade. Go bigger,less room for quick changing water parameters,getting too big of fish that need more water volume than the small tiny tank they put them into.

Make it easy on yourself. 20g is a good volume to start at I feel like for new people. I started with a 10g then went smaller once I learned how to control parameters. Now all I keep is pico's,because they are a challenge.

I have one been in the hobby for 12yrs so take my advice with a grain of salt !!!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I have a 7 stage because when I got my RoDI I didn’t understand how RoDI worked.
Tbh this spectrapure is probably better for my water than 7 stage rodi I built over the last year. Like I said they designed it around our reclaimed sewer water lol

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I’m not sure I even need a 7 stage.
Tbh this spectrapure is probably better for my water than 7 stage rodi I built over the last year. Like I said they designed it around our reclaimed sewer water lol

it very well might be. I was all, I need the bestest RoDI a year ago. Didn’t understand tds or anything. Family member asked what I wanted for my birthday. Obviously 7 stage RoDI from BRS is the bestest because it has 7.....

Now? I know how to figure out water quality. 7 stages is probably overkill. But it was a gift and I’m trying to save money soo. Might as well use it right?

• Love
Reactions: LRT
Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back