Not open for further replies.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. I think I will just buy a sicce 1.0 then for a return

good choice. Sicces are workhorses as far as pumps go. If I didn’t buy the ecotech return I have, and if I hadn’t gotten a hydros and plan to slowly migrate to gear in that ecosystem I’d go sicce. But for me, eventually I’m going for a varios return. That said, I have a system that’s at least 10x your volume so yeah lol

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, @NoahLikesFish, good on ya for changing tact and accepting the advice and help all of us have been trying to give you. You just might have being a successful reef keeper in you.

a quote I live by
“The fool doth think he knows all, the wise man knows he knows nothing”

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the rodi and probably a light if I find someone with a ai or kessil they would like to trade locally is going to make my tank insane guys! I will have lots of wiggle room for stuff in my tank :)
I caution getting an RO/DI system used. Usually the owner is foggy on how old it is, which means the cartridges may be out of date/expired.

—-

It’s great you are stepping up and willing to listen!

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, @NoahLikesFish, good on ya for changing tact and accepting the advice and help all of us have been trying to give you. You just might have being a successful reef keeper in you.

a quote I live by
So a wise person knows there’s more to learn?

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did reading about biotopes in that book I bought and it seems like I’m making a fairly accurate carribean biotope if I stick to zoas gorgs macros and the fish I like
So stoked you got a plan now, just stick with it :) and I LOVE the Caribbean Biotope idea!!! I’m doing the same thing ;)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a quote I live by
This hobby is very humbling in itself. I happen to believe im a god in my own mind at times.
My corals and fish have shown me thats false on numerous occasions when totally helpless after making mistakes and seeing my critters suffer.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked you got a plan now, just stick with it :) and I LOVE the Caribbean Biotope idea!!! I’m doing the same thing ;)
Do you know any corals besides gorgs and zoas that live in the carribean? I am psyched on the live rubble because I could rinse all the polychates crabs starfish and things just by placing the rocks in the flow and then I can do a nsa scape

Reactions: LRT
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is very humbling in itself. I happen to believe im a god in my own mind at times.
My corals and fish have shown me thats false on numerous occasions when totally helpless after making mistakes and seeing my critters suffer.
Aqua splendor quoted dr Oppenheimer, I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yay, @NoahLikesFish !! I’m happy to hear you’re looking at the Evo. You will be so much happier in the end.
I haven’t read through the whole thread so forgive me if I’m repeating anything. you can do upgrades on this tank slowly. Initially, it has all the equipment you need to get it going. I have one myself and I love it.
Event, you’ll want to upgrade the pump (your pick of the Sicce 1.0 is great) and you can upgrade the filtration. I have the chamber 1 & 2 InTank media baskets but I recently took out the chamber 2 basket & added a mangrove. It’s doing well, so you can still have mangroves in this little tank! :)
Personally, I do not run a skimmer because with a tank this small, I can keep up with water changes no problem. Others use nano skimmers - just depends on how often you can do WCs and what you stock.
I have a nice variety of corals in my tank & the light is sufficient, but I will upgrade it soon. This tank is almost a year old and everyone is pretty happy.

Attachments

• 4E23FA9F-1F14-40EE-89A1-20E21B546924.jpeg
    4E23FA9F-1F14-40EE-89A1-20E21B546924.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 27

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lrt is giving it to me, I trust him
Hes telling the truth. It was given to me.
However it has tds meter. All you have to do is hook it up and let it run. If all else you may need to change di cartridges but your one step closer to 0 tds water. And one of the best rodi systems on market. Probably replace all the cartridges for what you would pay for ro buddy

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay, @NoahLikesFish !! I’m happy to hear you’re looking at the Evo. You will be so much happier in the end.
I haven’t read through the whole thread so forgive me if I’m repeating anything. you can do upgrades on this tank slowly. Initially, it has all the equipment you need to get it going. I have one myself and I love it.
Event, you’ll want to upgrade the pump (your pick of the Sicce 1.0 is great) and you can upgrade the filtration. I have the chamber 1 & 2 InTank media baskets but I recently took out the chamber 2 basket & added a mangrove. It’s doing well, so you can still have mangroves in this little tank! :)
Personally, I do not run a skimmer because with a tank this small, I can keep up with water changes no problem. Others use nano skimmers - just depends on how often you can do WCs and what you stock.
I have a nice variety of corals in my tank & the light is sufficient, but I will upgrade it soon. This tank is almost a year old and everyone is pretty happy.
I’m gonna have a kessil tuna blue or a ai prime

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you know any corals besides gorgs and zoas that live in the carribean? I am psyched on the live rubble because I could rinse all the polychates crabs starfish and things just by placing the rocks in the flow and then I can do a nsa scape
There are a bunch of very pretty mushrooms that live in the Caribbean. Ricordea Florida are some of the prettiest shrooms out there and they’re pretty easy & forgiving to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back