I can’t keep up what’s the plan
B2AF0C23-CE89-4E54-9B73-9259A60BF399.jpeg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m done offering any advice, I just can’t keep up with the plan changing every minute. Im not going to put time into writing out thoughtful advice when it’s not going to matter in five minutes because he’s moved on to some other absurd plan (like half the time I can’t even finish typing my comment before it’s already meaningless). It shows a real lack of respect for everyone’s time and I’m just not doing it anymore. I might still read the thread, and I might still comment here and there, but I’m done giving advice in good faith when the person asking isn’t serious and doesn’t respect the amount of help he’s been given. And I don’t want to hear about ‘oh, but he’s listening now’, or ‘oh, but he’s changed’. No, he isn’t, and no, he hasn’t. Not one bit. If people still want to help him and entertain this nonsense, it’s none of my business, but I suggest the community collectively put their foot down and say that if we’re going to help him, he’s got to stick to a reasonable plan, he has wasted enough of everyone’s time. IDK, y’all can deal with this however you want, but I’m done taking the time to give him thoughtful advice.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here’s the plan, I get a 20 high with 3 clamp on lights, 20 lbs live rock a 70 gallon rated hob and a 50w heater. Underneath I have a 10 gallon with a heater, a hob, 1 clamp on light. 15 lb sand in top 5 lb in bottom. Top I can grow mabye softies and gorgonian and macros then in the bottom I grow a grass bed with mangroves and 5 lb live rock

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again plan has changed. Just do the 20 gallon or evo and call it a day. If you are gone as much as you say you will be doing 1 tank will be challenging enough. You have to factor in daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance costs as well. e.g. salt, food, rodi membranes, test kits and such.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m honestly not that bothered that the plan keeps changing. What irks me is that he has come here asking for advice, and the plan changes appear to have absolutely nothing to do with the advice he has been given; we might as well not have bothered posting. To be fair, he has also been given conflicting advice but I don’t really think that would have made any difference.

The final straws for me were seeing him post on another thread questioning whether someone else had the patience to be a reefer, and giving out advice on other threads as if he was an expert, when he doesn’t even have his own tank.

I’m still here for the comedy value but I can be added to the growing list of people who are no longer jumping up and down to try to help.

JAKos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with everything you said, i'm just here for the train wreck now.
I’m honestly not that bothered that the plan keeps changing. What irks me is that he has come here asking for advice, and the plan changes appear to have absolutely nothing to do with the advice he has been given; we might as well not have bothered posting. To be fair, he has also been given conflicting advice but I don’t really think that would have made any difference.

The final straws for me were seeing him post on another thread questioning whether someone else had the patience to be a reefer, and giving out advice on other threads as if he was an expert, when he doesn’t even have his own tank.

I’m still here for the comedy value but I can be added to the growing list of people who are no longer jumping up and down to try to help.

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1621001929130.png

:eek:

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bit of advice from a teen reefer to another, stick to just ONE plan. This hobby gets expensive real quick, and being a teen means you're going to be very limited on money. Don't ignore the vets that have given you advice, they've learned through many years of experience.

Welp, this is probably gonna get ignored but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back