135G A.G.E. Hybrid Cube

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starfire on all 4 sides with a pvc bottom and a center overflow. This was a craigslist find that was a really good deal on a nice tank.
Dimensions are 36.5 x 36.5 x 25. I also ended up with a matching A.G.E. acrylic sump, 30x20x18, which is about 45 gallons making my total volume in the neighborhood of 150 gallons with the displacement of the live rock and the running level in the sump. I am using 2 MP40s and 2 Tunze 6065s for flow and an Avast Black Pearl skimmer. Plans for LED lighting, now undecided if I want to go with DIY or something ready to go. I have pretty much all of my equipment on hand with the exception of the lighting I want, in the mean time I will use 3 150w metal halides over the tank.

42578e06-e8fa-4abf.jpg

42578e06-e91d-9ce4.jpg

I built a wood stand for it but decided I wanted to go ahead and build a steel stand, which is what we are waiting for today. Should hopefully be able to get it done between Christmas and the New Year. The stand will 34" tall and have adjustable leveling feet with a max height of 36".

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really nice find, what I call my "forever" tank, the last tank I'll want to buy ever, for sps I want to be just like this one! very cool, any plans what to stock it with?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice tank!

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it will only have 3 viewing panes I'm doing a mixed reef witha twist. Think of it like a pyramid...one side lps, one side sps and one side zoanthids, the back will be mostly empty and for frag grow out..

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have close to 400lbs of rock I have hand picked over the years, only problem I let most of it dry out when I moved last Feb. It will be 3-4 months before life actually makes it in the tank. My Solona will probably be taken down and sold at that point.

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Awesome tank. I wish I had a place in my home for something like that.

traylor23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I have the Aqueon model with the overflow on the back glass. Waiting on cycling before my build thread. Looking forward to watching yours!

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I have the Aqueon model with the overflow on the back glass. Waiting on cycling before my build thread. Looking forward to watching yours!
I didn't know they had cubes! Very cool. I can't wait to get rolling on this one, I have been without a large tank for a while now and the Solona just isn't cutting it!

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I posted what I paid for the tank...the craigslist score was all of $300! Then $75 for the sump from the same guy 2 weeks later. I'm into the stand for the cost of the stel which so far is about $140. So I will have a $2100 A.G.E. setup for about 1/3 the cost when it's all said and done!

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's proving difficult to get an aquascape I like that still allows for good flow and coral placement.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's proving difficult to get an aquascape I like that still allows for good flow and coral placement.

you have anything in mind? island look? minimalist look? etc..

I do like that Picasso on your avatar. 1smile1

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I do end up moving the overflow, it's going to be L shaped with an island.

I have tried several different ways with the current configuration and when I get a look I like, flow is hindered.

And I have had my Picasso's for a little over 3 years, they live their RBTA.

traylor23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha...I have an MP40 on the side glass, but am hunting another one at a decent price to put on the opposite side. I do have some dead spots. Love it so far.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back