OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pizza?! definitely on the radar. Make pizzas at home weekly. but you lost me with the pizza to legalization thing. I do agree pizza is a pretty decent business model, with great profit potential.

a medibles line is already in the works/plans. totally plan on bringing all the skillsets into one/two businesses.
Since you are located in Humbolt. Look into pizza sales in Colorado and Washington!

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build out so far, totally stoked about this post. Could you offer any advice for importing?

First find a freight broker. They will deal with shipping and all the US customs paper work. Get a customs bond. Go to trade shows domestic and international. Research your product and market. The biggest challenge is where do you dump the products you just imported. What do you do with a 40' container full of products.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are located in Humbolt. Look into pizza sales in Colorado and Washington!

thats what I figured you meant!

indeed, pizza is on the short list. in addition to savory hand pies, cookies/baked goods(possibly delivery), and a few others. Love the 'boldt but Im trying to get outta here in the next 6-18 months. been here a long time and ready for a change. not sure where thats gonna take my, but Im looking.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First find a freight broker. They will deal with shipping and all the US customs paper work. Get a customs bond. Go to trade shows domestic and international. Research your product and market. The biggest challenge is where do you dump the products you just imported. What do you do with a 40' container full of products.

a 40' container of goods?! you store em in a warehouse, next to your coral farm! ;)

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to topic. No heat still but the titanium heater helped and temp is between 73 to 75 degrees. Finished plumbing the long frag tank that will house the scolys, acans and chalices with a sandbox. At first I was planning it to be an acro frag tank but strong flow from a powerhead will probably make the water easily flow over the tank.
Will be filling it up with water tomorrow. image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you quarantining new coral additions?[/QUOTE

Coral and livestock additions have been suspended for over a month until heater is installed. Once that is done all new live stock will be quarantined in the blue tub. Tomorrow morning the plumber will start installing a new 80' 1.25" gas line into my unit. The gas company will be there as well so size up my gas meter. Hope by year end all this will done.

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gas company change the gas meter regulator today and plumbers laid half the pipe. Will finish the pipe works tomorrow. HVAC company still have to get back to me when they will install the heater unit. Ball is rolling again. Chinese LED black boxes arrived today and I finished the 2X4s where the lights will hang. image.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Chinese lights did you go with? And I would love to do this project!

The first 14 LED were MarsAqua. So far they are working fine. The second batch which are over the 8' foot shallow frag tank are from ecotachi on fleabay.
I use radion gen3 pro at home over my 300g and there is a little difference in coral color. Under the radions the color seems more intense but that could be either from the UV diodes in the pro or it just might be the maturity of my tank at home.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how's would you compare the sb reef lights. And do you think Mars aqua would work until I get enough money for sb reef lights?

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really give you feedback on sbreeflights. No experience with the brand. From what I have read most Chinese black boxes are almost the same except for the diodes they use. My only experience with LED before this build are radions and kessils. All I can say is the MarsAqua is capable of keeping acro colonies alive and with color.
It's actually too early to tell any difference. I will be moving some acro frags from this system to my 300g at home and see how the coloration turns out. If there is a big difference in coloration or not.

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep me updated....I'd like to know if they will grow coral

They do grow coral. I have colonies that I fragged and it healed with new growth. Also there are colonies that are encrusting on the rock where it was placed.
I'm more interested in what acropora colors will these lights produce.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled across this thread. Love the build! Thanks for sharing some of the challenges you faced initially. Now it seems everything is in place and you are ready to go full swing!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back