1370 gallon propagation system

Reefjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in awe of this build! I admire that you jumped right in and wish you were located around me!

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of these Acro Colonies for Sale?

Some colonies are for sale but you have to come and pick it up. I would just find a LFS near you if you want to acquire large colonies. IME shipping large colonies is too risky. The chance of them peeling the next day or two is higher. When ever I get shipments of large colonies at least 2 out of 10 colonies would peel on me. Some ship good some don't. I personally don't like the risk. I can sell mini colonies but that's as far as I will go.

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah right. Are you going to sell colonies or just frags. At least it looks like your acro frags are a few inches long.

Nice setup. Wishing you great success with your business.
I try to be fair. I don't count the crazy glue and the plug to make an inch frag. LOL

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss.

Do you mind if I ask if you keep your systems fish less? I see little fish and sand. Is that the best for you?

I'm not seeing growth and suspect it's lack of sand and too many fish.

Thanks!
I have fishes in there but I don't jam pack them. Each tub have a yellow tang and a six line wrasse. The aquariums have more fishes. Sand is located in the two aquariums, refugium tub, and shallow acrylic tank at the front. This is all tied together in one system. Check your nutrient level and lights. There are too many variables why you are not getting growth. Each reefer's system is different. You just have to figure out where the sweet spot is.

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some colonies are for sale but you have to come and pick it up. I would just find a LFS near you if you want to acquire large colonies. IME shipping large colonies is too risky. The chance of them peeling the next day or two is higher. When ever I get shipments of large colonies at least 2 out of 10 colonies would peel on me. Some ship good some don't. I personally don't like the risk. I can sell mini colonies but that's as far as I will go.
It's a shame to hear that. I'm always looking for new sources to purchase Large Acro colonies. I asked because shipping is the only method I use to purchase Large Colonies. There are several different Online Retailers that I'm currently buying from because of my good success. My LFS do not stock nice Large Acro Colonies. I don't have problems with RTN after receiving them, even if its several weeks later rather than only a couple of days. The few bad experiences I have had, IMHO, is due to the poor packaging and shipping methods used by inexperienced Sellers. Otherwise I don't have any DOA issues with those Sellers that do have the experience.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic system. Great to hear how careful you are with new introductions. Sorry for your loss. Having recently gone through that I know how difficult it is and how busy it will keep you for a while. Take the time.
About the light - what about T5 supplementation? That can be done relatively inexpensively.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I would kill for that work space, what part of the country are you in? This is amazing, following, also a greaser here, have a 70 gto I completely restored.

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask where you get those super big frah plugs for the chalices and what not? Tried looking online a while ago and couldn't find anything bigger then the large ones that BRS stocks and they really aren't all that big lol. Thanks!

Bori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome thread! Nice looking systems!!!

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so what would you put a green war coral at as far as lighting goes? Same with a krypto candy

What LEDs are you using? How far are the light above the water line and how deep is it under the water line. I keep my favias and have a krypto candy under blues only. The PAR value they are under is 100.
I would just place it mid tank to bottom.

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic system. Great to hear how careful you are with new introductions. Sorry for your loss. Having recently gone through that I know how difficult it is and how busy it will keep you for a while. Take the time.
About the light - what about T5 supplementation? That can be done relatively inexpensively.
I have thought about that. T5s are tried and true with great spread but adding T5 supplements will trip my breakers. I running out of spare AMPs on my outlets. Replacing 8 fixtures with Radion Pros will add 8Amps to the current lighting and the outlets are almost maxed out at that point. My system have 6 (1 pair) outlets and each outlet have a 20amp breaker. Unless I get a sub panel installed in my unit which will cost approx the same as getting the Radions.

OP
OP
Reefer93105

Reefer93105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask where you get those super big frah plugs for the chalices and what not? Tried looking online a while ago and couldn't find anything bigger then the large ones that BRS stocks and they really aren't all that big lol. Thanks!
Not sure. Those came with it when I acquired them from the wholesaler.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back