15 gallon split tank

LeBrOn_

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the saltwater hobby. And I have been keeping freshwater fish for 2 years now so I want to try a 15 gallon saltwater tank. I know it’s a little small for beginners but I am willing to do all of that work. I want to do a split tank so two 7.5 tanks in one. One side I will like to have a harlequin shrimp with a clown fish or damsel. I know they eat starfish so my plan is to buy a chocolate chip starfish and put it in a bag of water and freeze it. This is not painful for the star. Then when it’s dead I will cut of one of its legs and give it to the shrimp every 2-3 weeks. The other side I will like to have a mantis shrimp. Obviously one of the smaller species. I will feed it small crabs. I would also like to put crabs and sea urchins on both sides. I know the mantis shrimp likes to punch rock so I will make a reef tank on the harlequin shrimp side. I would also want to have black sand so the corals and fish would pop out. I have the light protein skimmer and filter all figured out. Tell me what u think please give feedback.
 
Mantis shrimp are powerful. I would never put one in a tank that isn’t at least 1/2” thick acrylic. They are tank breakers. I would maybe rethink that side of the tank.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new