150 Deep Dimension...sumpless closed loop filtration

The halide is doing the heavy lifting while the Radions top out at 40%. The Radions at 14k/40% look pretty good and would surely do it all, but that halide shimmer o_O
 
I’ve long struggled with low pH, and have been having large (0.6ish) daily swings lately. I haven’t done much to address it other that using a fan over my former sump and running my former skimmer intake to the outside. Neither did a whole lot and I decided to hook up a kalk reactor.

I installed the kalk reactor in my basement and am using a DOS essentially running an AWC program to move 100 ml/hour of kalkwasser to my display. I started it on 3/24 from midnight to 10 am before testing my alk, then going to a 24 hour program.

You can see how my pH has been trending higher for the last few days, and my anemones and gigas clam are looking much better. I expect that my alk consumption will begin to increase quickly as the pH improves and stabilizes. I also plan on getting a quiet fan to blow across my display as my halide warms the water up more than I want. It’s only getting to 79ish degrees, but Latz clowns do better with cooler water and I want it to stay between 76.5 and 78 degrees.

C66B5193-F8BE-49AE-A8C8-41B11A84FF24.jpeg
 
What? No way. Are you going to try and reseal it?
You got me scared now.

It was just a slow leak. I was considering resealing but got a 220 and 180 instead. They both need work, but will fit in our dining room nicely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new