OP
Breadman03

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The halide is doing the heavy lifting while the Radions top out at 40%. The Radions at 14k/40% look pretty good and would surely do it all, but that halide shimmer o_O

OP
OP
Breadman03

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve long struggled with low pH, and have been having large (0.6ish) daily swings lately. I haven’t done much to address it other that using a fan over my former sump and running my former skimmer intake to the outside. Neither did a whole lot and I decided to hook up a kalk reactor.

I installed the kalk reactor in my basement and am using a DOS essentially running an AWC program to move 100 ml/hour of kalkwasser to my display. I started it on 3/24 from midnight to 10 am before testing my alk, then going to a 24 hour program.

You can see how my pH has been trending higher for the last few days, and my anemones and gigas clam are looking much better. I expect that my alk consumption will begin to increase quickly as the pH improves and stabilizes. I also plan on getting a quiet fan to blow across my display as my halide warms the water up more than I want. It’s only getting to 79ish degrees, but Latz clowns do better with cooler water and I want it to stay between 76.5 and 78 degrees.

C66B5193-F8BE-49AE-A8C8-41B11A84FF24.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back