Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Update 03/15/22​

I discovered bryopsis on the rock and performed surgery on the rock and also sprayed 78degree Perrier soda on the holes of the rock with a 3ml syringe and 18g needle. Ended up flushing out another crab and mated pair of pistol shrimp(one with eggs). Then proceeded to add my clean-up crew to the qt tank minus the nassarious that went in the display tank for the sand. That night while critter hunting I spotted a 3-4" long fire worm that was caught and released into an undisclosed location ;) The following day I dosed 1 pill of ReefFlux into the 10g qt tank. Then spotted another molt of a tiny tiny crab. So time for more critter hunting
great write up on an extraordinarily well thought out and disciplined build. Designed for success and hope it comes to you and thanks for letting us peak over your shoulder

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
SeekR1

SeekR1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
great write up on an extraordinarily well thought out and disciplined build. Designed for success and hope it comes to you and thanks for letting us peak over your shoulder
Thank you, I really appreciate that! I'm getting excited to get some fish & coral in there for sure. But patience is key lol. Looks like May 6th will be the end of my fallow period since adding cuc. May have to turn on my display lights May the 4th, because you know Star Wars:cool:

Atlantik icon reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
SeekR1

SeekR1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Following along, I really like your idea of doing two HNSA pieces. Have you put the live rock in yet? I would love to see it when you do.

I think the mix of dry and live rock is ideal from a high biodiversity perspective. Is that something you're going for?
Yes, I specifically was after high biodiversity. The rock is still in qt as of today. It ended up having bryopsis, Sunday will be the two week mark with fluconazole. It seemed to knock it out rather well. Sunday I will be doing another "surgery" on it to see if any red macro has taken off or any more bubble algae has reared its face lol. Trust me I cant wait for it to go in the display.

OP
SeekR1

SeekR1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

UPDATE 03/28/22​

Well the long awaited day is here! Live rock is in the display, ATI 6x80w fixture is hung and running, (2) Jebao SCP150 gyres are installed and running, and I have all the test kits for coral parameters. So without further ado the tank is henceforth known as "Chalice of the Hammered"
IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

REEFTIDE
OP
SeekR1

SeekR1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Awesome! How did you aquascape the live rock?

How many pounds of live rock is that?
I honestly just arranged it and set it in place. And it’s the 15 lb premium from KP Aquatics. Great rock, dosing phyto for the pods. I have a really cool bivalve in the rock too. It’s hidden though.. I may have to figure out how to turn the rock so I can enjoy him lol

AquaCave

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 65 14.3%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 85 18.7%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 134 29.5%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 142 31.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 2.6%