150 gallon in wall tank

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE the tank in the wall, nice photos to show the progress too, very cool.

Excited to see this develop, keep the thread up to date, and keep dropping in pictures! Whats the thing you are most excited to add to the system? Guessing this possibly is being added to a mancave?

#kevincanwait GIF by CBS

OP
OP
D

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE the tank in the wall, nice photos to show the progress too, very cool.

Excited to see this develop, keep the thread up to date, and keep dropping in pictures! Whats the thing you are most excited to add to the system? Guessing this possibly is being added to a mancave?

#kevincanwait GIF by CBS
Thanks! In terms of livestock, I'm very excited to start adding SPS. None of the crazy new ones, but more of the old school type - Staghorns, Red Planet, Hawkins echinata, along with a few others that I've had in the past and really enjoyed. Now, as far as equipment is concerned, I'm excited to get a new skimmer. I've been reading up on the Bashsea twisted external skimmer, and that may be the one I get (when money is there, of course). I have limited height under the tank and a regular skimmer doesn't fit correctly.

Our basement is more of a mixed use area. half of it is devoted to all of the storage and mechanical equipment (furnace, washer, dryer, etc.) and the other half is for my office and a small entertainment area for everyone to hangout in. I don't want to give it the term 'mancave', but that's really what it is lol.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

I would think about using a removable cover for the back glass, since your fishroom is behind it you may want to be able to look in from time to time.

OP
OP
D

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

I would think about using a removable cover for the back glass, since your fishroom is behind it you may want to be able to look in from time to time.
Thanks!
I've definitely thought about it. My major problem with the In-wall tank is that everything has to be done from behind. I had limited space to work with, so I wasn't able to put a door above the tank to reach in from the front.

What do you recommend using as a panel that I can take off and on easily? If its a pain to work with, i may never end up using it much, haha.

OP
OP
D

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First update so far:

New FIsh! I got 6 Chromis the other day. I really haven't bought fish in a long time and it's surprising as to how expensive everything has gotten in the last year. Chromis and Yellowtail Damsels are $8 now.

Im also realizing that an Iphone is terrible for pictures. I absolutely cannot get any decent pictures with it. Its all washed out with blue, even after I tried to edit!

Anyways, I 'tried' to take a pic of the new fish:

IMG_0461.jpg

Thanks for checking out my build!

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fts are hard to get with a phone. Any decent phone made in the past few years can take his of really good pictures if you lay it flat against the glass

OP
OP
D

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to take a couple up against the glass, but those didn't look very nice either. I won't even bother posting them lol. Its funny, my tank isn't very blue right now either, but its allllllll blue when i take the pics. I'd love to invest in a decent DSLR in the future

Forbesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
I've definitely thought about it. My major problem with the In-wall tank is that everything has to be done from behind. I had limited space to work with, so I wasn't able to put a door above the tank to reach in from the front.

What do you recommend using as a panel that I can take off and on easily? If its a pain to work with, i may never end up using it much, haha.
I've found corrugated plastic at Home Depot that you can cut to size and paint. I've attached mine with velcro found at a hobby shop. It's lightweight and easy to put on and take off. Powerheads still hold to the glass through it as well.

Back