150 gallon limit

chinta99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a 150 gallon aquarium set up and was curious to know if a powder blue and purple tang would be good long term in there ? Both would be starting out at around 3 inches .
Tank mates for now would be 2 ocellaris clownfish and 1 small fox face similar to them in size .
Also feel free to recommend any other fishes I could fit in with them , no eels please I had to return a snowflake who murdered my previous pair of clowns .

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zebras are great, I really wanted one when I was planning a 125, but I ended up getting a 65 gallon so i cant get one :/
They will eat your shrimps, crabs, and other crustaceans as that is their diet, so they aren't super great for a reef tank as they can really damage a CUC or cause a mess. The "friendly and will never eat fish" is half true. Similar to a brittle star, they won't go after most fish as long as they are well fed, unlike a brittle star they eat all crustaceans regardless.

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zebras are great, I really wanted one when I was planning a 125, but I ended up getting a 65 gallon so i cant get one :/
You can get a curious wormfish if your tank is docile enough they do need some special care though

if your tank is more agressive and has larger fish a dwarf moray may work

keep in mind morays are pretty difficult to care for

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back