150 gallon limit

chinta99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
Rocklin
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a 150 gallon aquarium set up and was curious to know if a powder blue and purple tang would be good long term in there ? Both would be starting out at around 3 inches .
Tank mates for now would be 2 ocellaris clownfish and 1 small fox face similar to them in size .
Also feel free to recommend any other fishes I could fit in with them , no eels please I had to return a snowflake who murdered my previous pair of clowns .
 
zebras are great, I really wanted one when I was planning a 125, but I ended up getting a 65 gallon so i cant get one :/
They will eat your shrimps, crabs, and other crustaceans as that is their diet, so they aren't super great for a reef tank as they can really damage a CUC or cause a mess. The "friendly and will never eat fish" is half true. Similar to a brittle star, they won't go after most fish as long as they are well fed, unlike a brittle star they eat all crustaceans regardless.
 
Upvote 0
zebras are great, I really wanted one when I was planning a 125, but I ended up getting a 65 gallon so i cant get one :/
You can get a curious wormfish if your tank is docile enough they do need some special care though

if your tank is more agressive and has larger fish a dwarf moray may work

keep in mind morays are pretty difficult to care for
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new