150g Anemone Prop System

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sorry to hear. Any advice for someone attempting to do a similar system? I am thinking that i could take a 40 breeder and make an anemone propagation system. Also do you think that with a 40 gallon setup I could make any profit?

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold the last seven rainbows over the weekend. Now I just have my 80g reef as seen here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/shallow-80g-sps-build.281604/

Well that was just depressing. Read the entire thread just now for the first time. Watched the ups and down, the trial and tribulations and the successes and was cheering for you -- and then it was over. Like a movie where everyone dies in the end. I think I need a pint of ice cream to cheer up.....

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw did you ever get many natural splits or were you cutting when they were too small to see much of that? What size did you cut at and what would you estimate your losses were from cuts? If you did it again what would you change in propagation techniques? Did you ever consider not using the baskets at all especially once you Nemified your power head with the pond basket?

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw did you ever get many natural splits or were you cutting when they were too small to see much of that? What size did you cut at and what would you estimate your losses were from cuts? If you did it again what would you change in propagation techniques? Did you ever consider not using the baskets at all especially once you Nemified your power head with the pond basket?

I would only use returns for flow - eliminate the baskets.

Losses were limited on one strain that were all wiped out after I cut a different strain.

I reintroduced the wiped out strain (same local source from natural split) and again I wiped it out when cutting a different strain.

I only cut the nems. No natural splits.

I would have done much better at this if I wasn't out of town so w my son's hockey team. Now the tub is gone, he no longer plays travel! No, I'm not setting it back up.....

Centurio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size were you cutting at? Would you continue to cut at that size? Besides the wipe-out did you lose any after a cut that you believe died as a result of cutting and if so, what percentage? Sorry for all the questions -- just trying to pick the brain of someone who has gone through this.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back