150g Anemone Prop System

One of the new guys settled in

IMG_9442_zpsdd62e8ea.jpg


Some cuts from last weekend

IMG_9448_zps7a0aa3ca.jpg

IMG_9437_zps7e6d46ea.jpg
 
Picked up six of these guys over the w/e. Had to turn a 60lb rock to rubble to get them free.

IMG_9456_zpsabb7f014.jpg


and 4 of these green w/purple tips.

IMG_9485_zps1efa49cf.jpg


Not going to add any new brood stock, time to crank up the numbers.
 
Nice! The problem with me having that many nems is I would want to keep them all :-)

As soon as I have good numbers, I plan on setting up a tank with one of each and some clowns. Right now I don’t want to give any up and lose the exponential growth. Need to hit triple digits first.
 
How often do you spilt them? I currently have 3 bta'a that started from one, but it seems like it takes a while for them to get a little bigger after a spilt them. And also do you feed them?
 
How often do you spilt them? I currently have 3 bta'a that started from one, but it seems like it takes a while for them to get a little bigger after a spilt them. And also do you feed them?

Each strain is different. I have one RBTA that I cut last week, the cut before that was in December. I have an other strain (rainbow with a metallic mint green foot) that I picked up in Jan and I have cut it 3 times (have 8 now).

I target feed with PE Mysis shrimp when ever I remember - maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
 
My new ceramic knife makes cutting effortless. This thing is so sharp, I didn't even feel it going through the four nems I cut today.
IMG_9617_zps6038d893.jpg

IMG_9619_zps9b876d2b.jpg
 
I used water from an established system and moved the bio pellet reactor from another established system. The cycle was minimal.
 
They sure like the pieces of PVC.:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new