150g tank overflow help

7FootReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an 150g (72x29x18) tank, they had it set up as a peninsula style tank and have a hole drilled on the right side of the tank. The hole that is drilled is only 3/4" wide. I am planning on capping/sealing this hole and drill through the back, I was thinking of possibly doing a herbie style overflow, but wanted to get other opinions/suggestions. Please let me know what you think, Thanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for you. :)

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the 3/4" for a return. You could also check glass-holes.com for a over flow kits. The herbie sounds good too.

OP
OP
7FootReefer

7FootReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm.. the 3/4" hole is drilled through the bottom so it would be kinda difficult to use it as a return.

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm.. the 3/4" hole is drilled through the bottom so it would be kinda difficult to use it as a return.
You would use a pvc bulkhead and either use pvc or flexible tubing to locline or whatever you like. Another really good overflow is the coast to coast bean animal, its pretty much fool proof.

OP
OP
7FootReefer

7FootReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I am definitely set on doing the bean animal overflow, it will not be completely coast to coast. I am going to leave 6-7inches on the side of the overflow which is where i will put the returns. I am thinking of having three primary drains and then the emergency drain, 2 to the sump and 1 to the fuge....

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back