155 Gallon Cube-ish Build

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a whim, I have purchased this custom acrylic 155 gallon tank. I have drilled the tank for the 2 1" drains for the herbie and mostly build a DIY stand (still needs the back panel, some more screws throughout, caulk and paint!). I should be able to move a couple pieces of equipment over from my 40B setup and start some water moving and cycling soon. This will be a slow, pay-as-we-go type build, as I did not preplan!

IMG_6130.jpg IMG_4348.jpg

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone with good advice on how to remove that paper from the bottom, I am all ears...that stuff is ON there!

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool shape. Whatcha thinking scape and stock wise?

The plan is to have a mixed reef with sand. I want mostly SPS, but the wife has a few "must haves" for this tank.

Her list...
1. Mandarin Goby
2. LPS (frogspawn, torch, etc...she likes stuff that moves)
3. Carpet anemone
4. Purple Tang

I have no idea about the scape, I've been digging through the cube threads looking.

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock has been purchased. Here is a “test” scape. I’m sure it will end up much different, but I believe we have enough rock to do what we need to.

3584ECDC-D3D2-4CD1-9BF2-536BAFDCD736.jpeg

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to rotate the sump 90 degrees....making the plumbing much shorter and straighter.

Also decided to paint my plumbing since BRS was out of violet pipe (of course, it’s back in stock now! )

slow but steady progress.

once all the paint is cured, I’ll spin the sump around and hook everything up for hopefully the final time.

as long as the dueling hurricanes don’t flood me out, we should have water in the tank this week.

067CA975-1493-47FE-B5CC-D28FB4968AE2.jpeg

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get salt water in the tank this past weekend. Currently, we are leak free and fairly quiet (some noise from the 7” filter sock). I am very happy with my decision to rotate the sump. It’s SO much easier to access the return pump and to see what’s coming out of the overflow piping.

I have installed the under cabinet lights and started the wire management (Still a long way to go). Currently, I am working on hanging the EcoTech Radions G4 PROs over the tank. Hopefully the pair of them will be enough.

4B640AF7-5B76-4FF9-8696-7A25A5155B3E.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yaa and congrats!!

What is the tank dimensions? A pair of Radions looks perfect from here.

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights have been hung, cords have been managed, one of the MP-40s has been purchased and installed. Hoping to get the skimmer this week and maybe even get the first fish or two (they will go though a full 6 week QT process).

IMG_4752.jpg IMG_4765.jpg

OP
OP
porkchop-rob

porkchop-rob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently housing 2 clowns and 3 cardinals. The tank seems to be maturing well.

What fish should I go for next?

Back