15g and 40g Stocking

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katie03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Katie03

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently decided to pull a couple tanks out of storage and get back into the hobby. I have a 15g long and a 40g breeder I intend to set up as reef tanks. I am looking for stocking suggestions for both tanks. Coral wise I intent to keep mostly Zoas, mushrooms, and Euphyllia with a few other LPS and softies mixed in. My current stocking ideas are

15g (24”x12”x12”)
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-Firefish

40g Breeder (36”x18”x16”)
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-Orchid Dottyback
-Pearly Jawfish
-Coral Beauty Angel (I’m aware it might nip at coral)

Is there anything you would change about either of these plans or any suggestions on fish to add?
 
Both lists look good. You can even add a couple more small fish to the 40g list if you want.
 
Last edited:
I recently decided to pull a couple tanks out of storage and get back into the hobby. I have a 15g long and a 40g breeder I intend to set up as reef tanks. I am looking for stocking suggestions for both tanks. Coral wise I intent to keep mostly Zoas, mushrooms, and Euphyllia with a few other LPS and softies mixed in. My current stocking ideas are

15g (24”x12”x12”)
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-Firefish

40g Breeder (36”x18”x16”)
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-Orchid Dottyback
-Pearly Jawfish
-Coral Beauty Angel (I’m aware it might nip at coral)

Is there anything you would change about either of these plans or any suggestions on fish to add?
If it was me, I’d swap the Coral Beauty for a Multicolour but that’s just down to preference - they’re both as reef safe as one another, multicolour may be slightly more reef safe but that’s my own experience.
The other thing is, do you need clowns in both tanks? If not, why not swap one for some other fish?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new