16 Biocube, new to R2R

scott99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
I lost my 90 gallon Discus tank to a freak breakage. The back of the tank broke out! Well after about $16,000 damage to my house I decided a 16 gallon Biocube was the way to go.
I have lots of Zoanthids and some Xenia. A BTA. For fish, 2 Clowns, a Royal Gramma Basslet, and a Lawnmower Blenny.
My only concern so far is heat. When it gets hot here the tank has gone to 82 deg F. I have the top propped up a little to help. This is with the AC on in the house set to 78.
Summer is coming so we shall see....
Anyway, I'm new to R2R and just wanted to say hi.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
I lost my 90 gallon Discus tank to a freak breakage. The back of the tank broke out! Well after about $16,000 damage to my house I decided a 16 gallon Biocube was the way to go.
I have lots of Zoanthids and some Xenia. A BTA. For fish, 2 Clowns, a Royal Gramma Basslet, and a Lawnmower Blenny.
My only concern so far is heat. When it gets hot here the tank has gone to 82 deg F. I have the top propped up a little to help. This is with the AC on in the house set to 78.
Get a tank thread going so we can follow your progress.
And......
giphy (1).gif

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
My 20g runs 82 in the summer with no issues. Just keep it stable.
All my systems run 80-82.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back