His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 16 gallon (40 liter) office tank! One day I said "I think I'm gonna get a tank for my office and everyone thought I was kidding.... well I wasn't. This is my first reef tank so it's been a little trial and error but I'm proud of her. Not really a great photographer and I feel like probably everyone does with "it looks better in person." So far I have a few zoas, some GSP, xenia, 2 candy canes, some acro, a few coco worms, a duncan, alien pox cyphastrea, 2 clowns, a fire shrimp, pistol shrimp (if he ever leaves his cave), and my favorite - an ultra gold hammer coral. Didn't even have a R2R account when I set it up, so I have no real build progression pics, but if you have any questions or want to see anything in more detail just let me know!

16 retake 1.jpg 16 retake 2.jpg 16 retake 3.jpg 16 retake 4.jpg

Last edited:

ccaplinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! I really like the black sand btw. It has such a unique look and you don't see it very often, but it looks amazing.

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! I really like the black sand btw. It has such a unique look and you don't see it very often, but it looks amazing.
Thank you so much! I actually had it all leveled until the pistol shrimp decided to turn it into all hills and valleys as it saw fit :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I actually had it all leveled until the pistol shrimp decided to turn it into all hills and valleys as it saw fit :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

they tend to do that. I've heard horror stories. Mad Hatter's Reef has told on his podcast that one of them shut down his return pump and crashed his tank because of the sand it kicked up

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 16 gallon (40 liter) office tank! One day I said "I think I'm gonna get a tank for my office and everyone thought I was kidding.... well I wasn't. This is my first reef tank so it's been a little trial and error but I'm proud of her. Not really a great photographer and I feel like probably everyone does with "it looks better in person." So far I have a few zoas, some GSP, xenia, 2 candy canes, some acro, a few coco worms, a duncan, alien pox cyphastrea, 2 clowns, a fire shrimp, pistol shrimp (if he ever leaves his cave), and my favorite - an ultra gold hammer coral. Didn't even have a R2R account when I set it up, so I have no real build progression pics, but if you have any questions or want to see anything in more detail just let me know!

16 retake 1.jpg 16 retake 2.jpg 16 retake 3.jpg 16 retake 4.jpg
16 retake 1.jpg 16 retake 2.jpg 16 retake 3.jpg 16 retake 4.jpg Tank looks really good. I especially like your aquascape design and the black sand you are using, makes the tank look unique.

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you feeding it over the weekend or is this a home office?
I don't feed over the weekends. I actually usually come into the office for a little on Sunday afternoons to finish some work up but I'm more concerned with over-feeding than under-feeding. I only have 2 clowns and they have been growing very well. The lights are on a timer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back