180 gal stocking issues

Richard savage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys its been a couple months since my tank has cycled so finally added some fish, two weeks ago i added a powder brown and a flame fin tomini tang, Ive seen both eat regularly but they wont swim around the front of the tank where i can see them, they always swim behind the rock work and its kind of annoying lol. and then last thur i added a blonde Naso but have also had issues getting him to eat or come out of hiding, not sure how long they can go with out food but starting to get worried , ive had all of these fish in the past but have never had the issue of not seeing them or getting them to eat. i feed a mix of brine, pe misis, and emerald entree. I also occasionally throw in a clip strip with sea weed on it but none of the tangs are interested. any help or tips are greatly appreciated thanks !

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A i'd give it some time. What you can do is be around the tank more often and especialy during feeding. I fed my Naso Nori on a clip and sat infront of the tank within the week he was eating from my hand. Is it just when your there or always. Another solution ive heard of people using is throwing in some Mollys

OP
OP
Richard savage

Richard savage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A i'd give it some time. What you can do is be around the tank more often and especialy during feeding. I fed my Naso Nori on a clip and sat infront of the tank within the week he was eating from my hand. Is it just when your there or always. Another solution ive heard of people using is throwing in some Mollys

Im not to concerned about the powder or the tomini because i see them eat and they pick at the back sides of the rock work all day but the naso will not come out of his cave, I have left clips with sea weed in front of the cave to coax him out and will also blow food into the cave with my turkey baster, just though he would be more active than he has been :(

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was he added?

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is he, sit by the tank for a while, dont blow into his cave as if hes stressed dont make him more.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I was about to say Friday the 13th bad luck XD

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back