180 gallon build. Upgrade from the 120

AJI23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
34
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally moved and got in a whole lot of trouble from the wife when I picked up a 180 to install in the new house basement aka MAN CAVE BUILD. . She’s come around and now it’s here go stay. lol. Oops.
 
PAinted back panel black and drilled three 1-1/2 inch overflows. And 2 3/4 returns.

9C792609-3786-4359-8CDE-F220C6C76B0D.jpeg
 
Changed stand to all white. So I can build s canopy to match easily. Bought tank and stand second hand for $500 bucks.
 
Blew open the wall in basement. Leaving back open for access and to work behind wall. Tank and stand fit snug in there. Exact size with 1/2” space on both sides. With side access panels to be installed.

796E81A4-AE97-4616-A2B2-33DA578B0FDD.jpeg
 
I plan of having it painted this week and have tank and stand in there ready to get “WET” by Saturday I hope
 
The key is to let her pick out a fish, with your supervision but let her pick.
I have some fish I’m moving over. Once all set up. But yeah I’m trying to ease in some hints that I’m going to need some more in the beast
 
All equipment I have I’m moving over.
2 hydra 52’s and 2 kessil 360
Reef octopus Elite 200int dc pump
2 mp40’s
2 media reactors.
Emperor aquatics 40watt U.V. sterilizer-huge size
Controller.
And 3 BRS dosing pumps. For 2part
Mag drive 2400
Ato

Some items I want to upgrade but will have to wait it out for the time being. Would like a DC return pump and the new apex controller. Using the digital aquatics elite as of now. Not bad but could use better.
 
It fits perfect in the wall there! Can't wait to see this thing all set up!

A lot of measuring and redo’s to get it in there perfectly. Still filling this thing up. Been taking a long time even with the 100gpd 5stage EO unit. I keep it off while I go to work so hopefully I’ll have it filled by the weekend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new