180 gallon plumbing question

Sean Norman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
121
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a used and well cared for 180. It was a custom build, 72 long, 20 wide and 29 high.
It has two installed overflow boxes mid tank on the back wall.
They each have two bulkhead holes in them, a 3/4 and 1 inch.
My other tank is a 112 with a primary, secondary and emergency drain and return line.

Wondering.. just plumb two. 1 inch durso drains and two 3/4 return lines? Or could I get away with one 3/4 return line and use the other as an emergency?
 
I have seen that before, and I have also seen the returns come over the top on the out side of the tank before.
That's how I did my 180 herbie style in the over flows and one return line in the back middle outside
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new