180 gallon reef tank

I just noticed that your 180g tank looks just like the used 180g I just picked up! But the guy had the guts ripped out of it. By any chance did you buy yours new with the tank drilled as it is? If so, do you know if the bottom is tempered glass or not?

Thank you :)

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula
 
Ours is acrylic with built in overflows. Wish i could answer your question. That's exciting can't wait to see you get it going.
 
Ours is acrylic with built in overflows. Wish i could answer your question. That's exciting can't wait to see you get it going.


Oh wow, looks like the exact layout as mine must have been when new lol. Yes it is very exciting, long road ahead though. I just ordered the bulkheads for it today. I'll be testing it to hold water before building everything for it. The 125 will become the new sump if all goes well :)
This one is drilled but they took everything including the bulkheads :( So I'll be making my own overflow boxes etc. I've been trying to find out if it's tempered glass or not because I'd like to drill 2 more. I'm not chancing it otherwise.

Your tank looks beautiful!

Jackie
 
Great looking set up and aquascaping. Your foxface is so cute and small. Mine is a monster at nine years old.
 
We love our fox face. We've only had ours about a year. Can't wait to see him full grown.
 
Thanks :) enjoying him so much... He is the most social Tang I've ever had from such a young age... Can't wait till he changes color!
 
Ours is much more silver now and the yellow really gets bold around their eyes as they get older. I have no problem taking pics of him he's always in my face lol.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1396536012033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396536012033.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 176

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new