180 Gallon Stock List?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rstuedes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rstuedes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
Working on stocking my 180 gallon tank and these are the fish I was hoping to do. All of them will ideally be smaller size, medium at most when I get them, and eventually I would like to upgrade to a larger tank when they all get closer to full grown.

I was thinking
1 Porcupine Puffer
1 Valentini Puffer
1 Blue Tang
1 Angelfish
1 Butterfly
1 Foxface
2 Clowns

Currently the tank just has the 2 clowns, and thinking if the stocking looks good should I specifically consider stocking in any certain order?

Thanks!!
 
I think it's a good list. I assume you're aware that angels can eat corals, and puffers will eat shrimp and crabs. Here's the order I'd follow, since you already have the clowns in place. I'm also assuming the fish will all be similarly sized, you obviously don't want to add juveniles to a tank of aggressive fish, except perhaps puffers. Generally, no one is gonna mess with a puffer except perhaps another puffer.

  1. Butterfly. They can be shy when newly added, and do not like to compete for food against existing aggressive eaters (which all of the fish you have listed are). Get him in there first to get him comfy and eating.
  2. Foxface
  3. Tang
  4. Angel
  5. puffers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new