OP
OP
ylreefer

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. It's been a while and nothing much has happened in the way of new additions, although 2 mandarins have been added. One was intended and the other was meant for the sump of the 180g FOT, but unfortunately that has had an ick breakout and I had to treat copper. Didn't want to put the little fella through that so in the nano he wrote with his buddy.

They seem super happy with the abundance of pods from the fuge so all good.

The baby golden torch is doing well (which was from a colony I had in another tank that subsequently died and remaining heads sold)

Ill share a pic of the little cute one. Haha. It's only about 1cm across. But it's growing a little each month.

The doser had been doing a sterling job with the AFR and been keeping my ALK at a steady 7.6 every test over the past 3 weeks so happy with that.

Just did a water change and have now noticed 2 tiny aptasia . I always dip and remove frag plugs for this nano but no matter what you do they always seem to find a way. So I'll be dealing with them I think by just supergkuing over them. Seems to be the easiest way as their so tiny.

Yea will that really is all for the moment.
No algae issues or anything els I see so can't complain. Still haven't had to add a skimmer and po4 runs between 0.04 - 0.17. Up and down but so far no issues. Hopefully it stays that way.

20220219_172418.jpg 20220219_174341.jpg

OP
OP
ylreefer

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well brother...
this aint gonna happen.. u can NEVER resist acros once you had them.
but, good try haha
Hey man. Ihave a confession lol.

It would seem you are correct. Haha. Not quiet a acro yet, given the tank a little longer for that. But we're getting towards the sticks.

Since I'm here I'll post a FTS just to remind everyone that's it's possible to run a fair looking nano reef without a skimmer,mechanical or chemical media. Keep it simple guys. Makes the tank much more enjoyable .

Tank is now coming upto 2 months online.
As of today paramiters are
PO4 0.8
No3 0.0.(working on it)
Alk 7.9.

Attachments

• 20220223_155020.jpg
    20220223_155020.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220223_155603.jpg
    20220223_155603.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 23

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man. Ihave a confession lol.

It would seem you are correct. Haha. Not quiet a acro yet, given the tank a little longer for that. But we're getting towards the sticks.

Since I'm here I'll post a FTS just to remind everyone that's it's possible to run a fair looking nano reef without a skimmer,mechanical or chemical media. Keep it simple guys. Makes the tank much more enjoyable .

Tank is now coming upto 2 months online.
As of today paramiters are
PO4 0.8
No3 0.0.(working on it)
Alk 7.9.
Well played, brother! :‘)

OP
OP
ylreefer

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw. tell me more about the red goniopora.. is it easy to keep?
You know, that's a tough one. I've heard many different opinions on this from "their impossible to keep" to "their very easy and just require a little feeding". I've had a few in the past tanks and none have really done well, by well I mean they've all melted away after a few months.

I've had this one now for about a month and the first week it was OK. Second week didn't really open up much. After lowering the light intensity a tad and moving it from the back right to front left of the tank it started to come out and has been bigger than ever now.

I personally don't do anything in particular for it in the way of direct feeding. I do add ref energy AB+ about once every 2 weeks, but that's more for me than I think it is for the corals.

I think as the hobby has progressed, us gaining more knowledge and that some species are now hardier than before it has made it easier to keep this coral.

In answer to your question though, I find that lower light rather than high light, at least initially has helped in keeping this coral happy. Along with the usual not to aggressive water flow that is.

A member of our reef club who is relatively new in the hobby has a beautiful specimin that he has grown from a 2cm frag. I'll post a pic of that here.

Attachments

• signal-2022-02-23-20-10-46-059.jpg
    signal-2022-02-23-20-10-46-059.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 25
Back