1in bulkhead into larger 1.5 pipe!?!?

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m building a larger 215 tank and I have a ton of colored pvc from my old build I would like to use still and looking for answers I’m hoping someone has some knowledge with.

The new tank has two drains that are 1in bulkheads. But most of the pvc I have is 1.5 inch. Can I just do a 1in to 1.5 in adapter with a gate valve and run the 1.5in plumbing and use what I already have?

Also will it make more noise doing this or is it all the same?

Is this ok or would it affect flow or be louder? It may have be a silly question but why not ask before wasting money on plumbing haha.

thanks in advance!
 
As drains, I see no issue.
The noise factor would come into play on how you use the 2 drains.
I'm big fan of the herbie design.
 
Agreed with the above. I’m planning on running what’s essentially a herbie myself
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new