1K Reef.... Miracles custom 1000 gallon aquarium 120”x60”x30”

CWayne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have anything if power went out today, I’m looking for options at the moment.

It’s looking like kohler or generac, but I’ve been reading there is a long wait time for delivery and instal.

I’m still doing my research on best option for my tank.

Sounds like it’s gonna be a dual fuel portable for the time being.

Seems like every YouTube, podcast, or talk is about generator smh and I don’t have anything right now.
In the old days I rigged up an inverter to a marine deep cycle battery on a trickle charger. Currently on a whole house back up generator. Point is that something simple to throw a pump on while you figure out back up power options.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Magnificent H.Magnifica from Pacific East Aquaculture thank you Dr. Mac
0CB83AC2-373D-44C1-9D4E-AA4EACE3A191.jpeg

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to add a lot of extra rock that I had in my garage to accommodate my growing anemone collection and figure out flow options without powerheads. Work in progress but I think I’m going to use the jebao mdp 20000 under egg crate box with a bunch of Carib sea life rock covering it. It’s will serve dual purpose adding more coral and anemone real estate and make it difficult/impossible for nems to get sucked up.

@PacificEastAquaculture - Thanks for the beautiful healthy anemone.

@10am under 400watt MH radium, mix of blue LEDs bars and Kessil A500X’s
292179DC-6B94-4B37-8E82-97EDC58B77B5.jpeg

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank runs hot in summer, 82 degrees without uv it’s at 80 with out de humidifier on it drops to 79

I had cyano outbreak last month. I thought good water quality more flow would help but it ended up covering 70 percent of my frags and killed them.

Two weeks ago I broke down and used chemiclean, I used the entire bottle rated for 900 gallons. I let the skimmer overflow (not easy on a skimmer that has anti overflow feature) lol. I turned off the uv/ozone set my Venturi valve to make tons of micro bubbles to my return. giving the tank plenty of air during two days treatment. Reduced the lighting to maybe 20% intensity. On day three all the cyano was gone (very impressive)

My dehumidifier died on me just after 6 months use, so my lights are still at 20% while I figure out what’s wrong with my dehumidifier or just buy a new one. My house is currently at 65% at 72 degrees if I drop it to 70 it gets to 57% humidity so I need to figure something out quickly.

Aqua ultraviolet uv/ozone 240watt unit. Overkill for my system but when I upgrade to larger system I will still be able to use it like most of my equipment.

My water is crystal clear and zero yellowing so it’s doing its job. The air pump is set to turn on for 15 min in the afternoon and 15 min in the morning.

I don’t know enough about ozone to say this is better than having a separate unit. But it was challenging to dial it in to the schedule I have it on so I don’t ever smell ozone in the air. I also have an ozone alarm that beeps if ozone get too high. My orp is currently at 333ppm

I’m sure I can raise this to 400 easily, but the water is glass clear and I’m not messing with it anymore.

So it’s doing its job 100 percent, would a separate ozone unit be easier to use? Im not sure. If I ever wanted to completely cut the ozone part out of the equation I would just cap off the air nibs on each end of tubes. So there’s that option too.

It’s set up with a Venturi irrigation system valve at 3 o'clock position , and air pump to that feeds into a diy air dryer that’s been set up for a while and I still haven’t changed out beads. (Very nice)

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the recap. Hopefully you figure out the heat/ humidity issue. Is the humidifier undersized?

any new additions with fish or corals? Did you settle on the flow for the far side of the tank?

and…..the most important question can we see a pic of that beast of a tank?

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humidifier is rated for 4500 sq feet and was doing an excellent job keeping the fish room at 45% until the unit died. Maybe

I did add a cleaner fish and another small baby springer.

Nems are doing amazing. They are walking all over tank stinging everything. They’ve been on the move because lights are down low and they need tons of light.

I will take a pick when I get a chance later today

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s in stock now? Every time I checked the website they’ve been out of stock or I even heard discontinued.
are you talking about Avast out of stock? I know they were talking about doing a redesign to the unit. I just went to the website and yep, the new design units are for sale. One of the changes they made is that the carbon in now in a cartridge for easy swap out. Great idea, guess I will make one for mine...Their website says they are in stock..599.00

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you acclimate your magnifica to your tank? Did you temp march then put in tank or something different?

I use the avast ozone and lifegard uv. Both are doing amazingly. Also use a dehumidifier I bought from Costco years ago still works well.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you acclimate your magnifica to your tank? Did you temp march then put in tank or something different?

I use the avast ozone and lifegard uv. Both are doing amazingly. Also use a dehumidifier I bought from Costco years ago still works well.

They were so big and in huge bags, I threw them in display, by the time I got to opening first bag they must’ve floated for about an hour or so.

They are doing great. I recently switched salt mix too to a local company that my lfs sells.

I love my mags and hadonis.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back