OP
OP
djkms

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have to even out a couple of the boards but the electronics wall is built for behind the tank.

20230910_151234.jpg

20230910_151301.jpg

OP
OP
djkms

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That electronic wall looks sweet!
Thanks.
Love that control board idea.
Thanks. I currently have a false wall in my stand on the 210. In theory it works great but in practice its been kind of a nightmare. All the cords behind the door are a complete rats nest. Getting equipment in and out is a real pain.

20230911_100452.jpg

For this build I wanted something to still hide wires (hence the slots between the boards) yet easy to get equipment cords in and out. The sides of the boards are open to be able to do this. I also have open channels in the middle section behind the boards to easily move cords in and out from that section. This should work better.

OP
OP
djkms

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a great conversation with Derek over at Miracles today. The tank will be shipping out the week of October 16th. He also sent me more pictures of the tank and pictures of the sump which I added to post 2 of this thread.

I also picked up a Red Dragon 3 230w return pump. I still have the 2 COR20's but I decided I need more flow through the UV then what a COR20 could provide.

Last edited:

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a great conversation with Derek over at Miracles today. The tank will be shipping out the week of October 16th. He also sent me more pictures of the tank and pictures of the sump which I added to post 2 of this thread.

I also picked up a Red Dragon 3 230w return pump. I still have the 2 COR20's but I decided I need more flow through the UV then what a COR20 could provide.

Did yours ship? mine is crated I got the email today :) Derek has also been great with me.. I'm a real PITA some days. I went with 120x36x26 for mine. hoping to start welding my stand this week and getting the tank in the basement before the snow flies here in chicago.

OP
OP
djkms

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did yours ship? mine is crated I got the email today :) Derek has also been great with me.. I'm a real PITA some days. I went with 120x36x26 for mine. hoping to start welding my stand this week and getting the tank in the basement before the snow flies here in chicago.

It did not, delayed again. They said it was supposed to ship yesterday. I emailed him today and he said it will ship today and that he would call me after lunch. We shall see. Sounds like they have their hands full today between your tank and mine.

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It did not, delayed again. They said it was supposed to ship yesterday. I emailed him today and he said it will ship today and that he would call me after lunch. We shall see. Sounds like they have their hands full today between your tank and mine.
when did you place the order? It's been some time for me but I told them I was not in a hurry which is true but its needed now lol ! i think the overall finished product is worth the wait.. between them and glass cages

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate that it keeps getting delayed!

OP
OP
djkms

djkms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when did you place the order? It's been some time for me but I told them I was not in a hurry which is true but its needed now lol ! i think the overall finished product is worth the wait.. between them and glass cages
Order placed on 07/08/23. My buddy reminds me to just be patient. His standard size Cade was delayed a bunch too. He keeps telling me it will be worth the wait. I believe this is now the 3rd or 4th delay. In our original conversation I was told production time was 10-12 weeks. We are now on week 16.

Hate that it keeps getting delayed!
Same here. Frustrated but what can I do but wait and practice patience.

Last edited:

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
niceeeee mine left today! I ordered mine in May… but I told them to take their time as I’ve been dragging doing my basement

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

Thanks. I currently have a false wall in my stand on the 210. In theory it works great but in practice its been kind of a nightmare. All the cords behind the door are a complete rats nest. Getting equipment in and out is a real pain.

20230911_100452.jpg

For this build I wanted something to still hide wires (hence the slots between the boards) yet easy to get equipment cords in and out. The sides of the boards are open to be able to do this. I also have open channels in the middle section behind the boards to easily move cords in and out from that section. This should work better.
My rocks have that same toothbrush! Lol

Great build! Following along

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me there will be Moorish Idols in this one? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Great start! Wish you all the best.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent in the money for my 600 gallon peninsula! I’ve been collecting fish and trying to plan things out. There’s so much to do lol. I was originally going to do MP60s on the back but with the total thickness of that panel being 1.25” that’s not going to work.

@Raul-7 I am really close to trying a pair of idols

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back