1st build! Waterbox Marine 35.1

MattyD

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
43
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up everyone! My first tank just arrived yesterday and was able to assemble the cabinet last night. I have some pics/vids of the process. Huge shoutout to @Tyler Collinske for helping me throughout this process and introducing me to the hobby. Couldn't have done this without you bro! So, the tank I have is a Waterbox Marine 35.1. I have a white AI Prime w/ diffuser, 18-inch flex arm, Tunze ATO, Octo 110-S Classic, and Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0. I am in the process of buying some live rock and live sand next and get it cycling hopefully starting this weekend.

I did run into one problem unfortunately. Pic will be down below of my sump. Looks like where the return pump is suppose to go, it is very small and the Sicce is no where close to fitting in that space. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they have done or any certain brand of pumps they have used to accommodate for this space? I was thinking of returning the pump and trying to find something smaller but I am not sure if I need a certain GPH.

Hope yall enjoy and thank you in advance for all the help! #ReefNayshh

Pallet.jpg


Items.jpg


Opening.jpg


Cabinet.jpg



















































Sump.jpg


Tank.jpg
 
Any updates! Got water in yet? What are your plans as far as livestock/corals?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new