2.5 gal pico

Tmobo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
8
Location
Saint Charles, Mo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t had a saltwater in over a year until today. I had most of the equipment already so I figured why not right? It’s a pretty basic
setup trying to stay as simple as possible. I was thinking of sticking to soft corals maybe some zooanthids and some type of leather. Thinking some sexy shrimp or some kind of other shrimp in there as well. Any suggestions on that appreciated. Equipment is as follows,

2.5 gal glass tank
Red Sea hob filter w/seachem matrix media
10w aqueon heater
Aqueon 50/50 cfl
2 lbs sand
2.5 lbs live rock

54852CA4-33C5-4A9B-B92A-B5AD59CF612B.jpeg


D24710FF-1BA8-4A96-8662-8A96D2AA7A22.jpeg
 
I like it! I have a pico that needs set up so I’m interested in what you come up with!
 
Haven’t had a saltwater in over a year until today. I had most of the equipment already so I figured why not right? It’s a pretty basic
setup trying to stay as simple as possible. I was thinking of sticking to soft corals maybe some zooanthids and some type of leather. Thinking some sexy shrimp or some kind of other shrimp in there as well. Any suggestions on that appreciated. Equipment is as follows,

2.5 gal glass tank
Red Sea hob filter w/seachem matrix media
10w aqueon heater
Aqueon 50/50 cfl
2 lbs sand
2.5 lbs live rock

54852CA4-33C5-4A9B-B92A-B5AD59CF612B.jpeg


D24710FF-1BA8-4A96-8662-8A96D2AA7A22.jpeg

Nice! Sexy Shrimp sounds perfect.
 
Nice start! My wife and I started a little 4.3 DeepBlue Rimless Pico tank two weeks ago. Letting it cycle at the moment and thought about making it RockNem with sexy shrimp. Had extra parts lying around so we only bought the tank and the and a Nano BioMaxx HOB filter. Looking forward to your updates!
 
Few Pom Pom crabs
Panamic Barnacle Blenny
Clown Goby
Two-spot Bimaculatus Blenny
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new