2-mouth acan head

Mattyice008

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
646
Reaction score
95
Location
Gainesville, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeding these things so much, they're growing mouths! Lol, I know that's not how it goes but thought this was interesting.
 

Attachments

  • 1419097289754.jpg
    1419097289754.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 421
  • 1419097300769.jpg
    1419097300769.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 362
Acans will do that; I have one similar to that with two mouths but one polyp. Sometimes the acan with grow new heads and sometimes heads with grow a second mouth and split.
 
Hopefully there are photo updates of a 6 year acan colony from 2014?? ;)
 
I got this as a 3 polyp frag and all the sudden it started growing single polyps with 3 and 4 mouths. They're all over. Im putting my nephew's Tiffany Acan in my tank to see if it does the same. He's had his for like 4 months and not a single new Polyp has fully developed so it should be interesting to see what happens.
 
Never seen it before myself but just spotted this one doing the same. pretty neat
IMG_2259.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new