2 pairs of clowns in a 6'x3'x2' tank

eran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what the chances would be of having a pair of true percs. and a pair of lack and white false percs. in my new tank. At the moment all i have is a single onyx perc. and would pair it with another and add the black and white clowns as well. I have yet to set the tank up but will be shortly!!!!

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend two pairs, its a hit and miss, you have a good size tank though.some people get lucky with two pairs but I would not recommend it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple of years ago I had 2 pairs of clowns like your wanting in a 6ft 125g without issue.

Well there was a small problem. One of the black and whites and one of the orange and whites got together and left their mates...LOL!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of years ago I had 2 pairs of clowns like your wanting in a 6ft 125g without issue.

Well there was a small problem. One of the black and whites and one of the orange and whites got together and left their mates...LOL!

You helped enable infidelity? :angry:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look all I could do was council them! They have to live their life on their on. I did not approve though.

OP
OP
E

eran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My wife and i just started a marriage course but i never thought we would need that for fish. (just on behalf of our marriage, its not because we are having issues)

OP
OP
E

eran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend two pairs, its a hit and miss, you have a good size tank though.some people get lucky with two pairs but I would not recommend it.

Boy would i like to be a lucky one.

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen two sets in the same tank but they both had there own anemones and were bonded before going in the tank.

RoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen two sets in the same tank but they both had there own anemones and were bonded before going in the tank.

I have an 8 foot tank and this is what has been working for me. One pair on each side of the tank with their own anemones.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have two pairs, but I do have a pair of true percs and a female clarkii in a 30x30x25. There's no anemone in the tank only euphyllia's to host.

Before the male clarkii died they were all in a 48x48x25 and before that in a standard 180.

I'd say it's hit and miss, but I would definitely add them all at the same time if you try it.

tekken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had 2 pairs in my tank... was fine for about a month, then came home to a really beaten up female... seems the larger female got more aggressive and kept chasing the other one around... i found the poor female hiding in the upper corner of my tank next to the powerhead... all beaten up and fins nipped... and the other female kept trying to attack... so i had to seperate them and put the wounded female in my frag tank.

I

inactive

View Badges
I have 2 pairs of clowns in my tank. pair of percs and a pair of pink skunk clowns. The female PSC bullies a little bit but its just because she was the first fish. She attacks everything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back