2 part dosing for reef tank

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I've been using Seachem Reef Fusion 2 part for about 11 months. It's about to finish and I've found great success with it as I've been getting corals to grow (or its just a coincidence ). Anyway, my question is should I just rebuy the same 2 part again or is there a better or more recommended 2 part out there to give a try to?

My corals are:
-Frogspawns
-hammers
-torches
-Cyphastrea
-Lepto
-mushroom
-Zoas
-GSP
-Xenia
-Lobo
-monticap
-encrusting Monti
-leathers
-Duncan's
-elegance
-clove polyp
-Goni

DF8969B1-0500-4C37-8E11-62ABED679EF0.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works for you, then stick with it. There are probably cheaper or more pure options, but really is a preference on your end.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works for you, then stick with it. There are probably cheaper or more pure options, but really is a preference on your end.
I second this. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Believe, I have seen disasters, complete tank wipe out because the owners kept switching supplements, using additives in the pursuit of chasing an exact number, light fixture changes browning coral & leading to RTN, I’ve seen my share of heartache because the owner has no patience & fails to see with his own 2 eyes how well all the animals in the aquarium are doing & thriving. So we f it’s working well for you, I personally would change things but if you do, take it slow.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Believe, I have seen disasters, complete tank wipe out because the owners kept switching supplements, using additives in the pursuit of chasing an exact number, light fixture changes browning coral & leading to RTN, I’ve seen my share of heartache because the owner has no patience & fails to see with his own 2 eyes how well all the animals in the aquarium are doing & thriving. So we f it’s working well for you, I personally would change things but if you do, take it slow.
Thank you! Good advice

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea just wanted to make sure there aren't more efficient like a 2 in 1 product but yea this works fine. I'll just stick with it because after 2 tank crashes in 1 yr I just wanted to get things right

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea just wanted to make sure there aren't more efficient like a 2 in 1 product but yea this works fine. I'll just stick with it because after 2 tank crashes in 1 yr I just wanted to get things right

There are probably some more concentrated options, but again, I wouldn't worry too much.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are probably some more concentrated options, but again, I wouldn't worry too much.
Oo ok got it. What I'm learning is it's not worth risking a crash or ticking off my corals for a few percentage points closer to a set number

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oo ok got it. What I'm learning is it's not worth risking a crash or ticking off my corals for a few percentage points closer to a set number

Yeah I mean if you want to switch you can, but you would want to watch pH and make sure the new additive isn't going to skyrocket it compared to the old. That would be my main concern. Like I said, its not too big of a deal either way as long as you aren't blindly dosing.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I mean if you want to switch you can, but you would want to watch pH and make sure the new additive isn't going to skyrocket it compared to the old. That would be my main concern. Like I said, its not too big of a deal either way as long as you aren't blindly dosing.
Oh good point on causing things to jump too fast! I'll stick to what I've been using since I know my tank and how the additives affect my tank. Thanks!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back